Wednesday, October 20, 2010

AMISH COUNTRY

IMG_7361 We needed to have our new recliner repaired and took it back to the Amish gentleman who built it. One of the springs in the chair was defective so he replaced it and we were good to go.

IMG_7362His factory was in the middle of a very populous Amish community and I was able to take these pictures as we were driving down the road.

IMG_7429 IMG_7430 I especially liked these two buggies. They were on the road just as we pulled up to the stop sign and we then turned to follow them.

IMG_7431One of them was definitely in a hurry because he caught up with the one in front and then passed it.

4 comments:

  1. This is just so beautiful. I loved going to Amish country when we lived in Ohio. I read a ton of Beverly Lewis' books. She does a wonderful job of educating me on the Amish ways. Glad you are enjoying the ride.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You took the most respectful pictures of the Amish I've seen. They don't believe in graven images so don't like to have their pictures taken but yours didn't have any faces in them. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of these days I want to visit the Amish country again .. one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had hoped to see Amish but the best I could do was two very old women at the outlet mall (why?)in Gettysburg. The funny part was that they were absolutely identical twins.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today. I look forward to reading your comments. Have a beautiful day.