Sunday, December 19, 2010


Friday I finally got some laundry done while Jim and Paul went to Cabellas. Now remember, Cabellas is 60 miles one way, and the only thing the guys bought (besides lunch) was a couple of caps. But they had a great time doing those guy things.

Saturday morning my phone rang about 7:30. My Aunt Happy wasn’t feeling good and needed to go up to the hospital. So Jim and I went and got her and took her to the emergency room. She has a bad cold but her lungs are okay and that is what we were worried about. Being 97 we need to really keep on eye on things like a cold. We finally got her back to her place and had lunch with her and then got home about 2:00.

Got a text from Jeri. She, Janice and Jerry were going to stop by. When they got here they were hungry so we went to Cobb’s Restaurant for lunch again – Jim and I just had some chicken wings. After visiting with them, we came home and putzed around the house.

At 9:00 we headed out to pick up my sister so we could go do some Christmas shopping. This is 9:00 p.m. Do you realize the stores are open until midnight. That’s nuts. But we needed to kill some time until midnight when we were taking my sister to get her medicine. It’s a medication she can’t be without and they cannot fill it until after 30 days have passed.

Finally home to bed about 1:45 a.m. Definitely time for bed.


  1. You're just a busy little girl but it sure beats sitting around doing nothing!

  2. We will say a prayer for your Aunt. Sometimes it is nice when the men go out. Gives us women time to do girl things. Jim sounds like 120 miles by $3.00 cap. Aren't men funny! You all are having so much fun. So happy for you all. Enjoy.

  3. Shopping after dark isn't something you'll find me doing! That was a busy Saturday. :)

  4. What a long day! I hope you get to sleep lots today to make up for it.

  5. Yes, I know stores are open until midnight. My daughter works a part time job at Kohl's and she really dislikes this season. She works until midnight...gets home about 1:00 am and has to get up at 7 am to start her day to work her full time job!

  6. wow..what a day. Glad your aunt was ok.


Thanks for visiting today. I look forward to reading your comments. Have a beautiful day.