The house stands now almost exactly as it did over 200 years ago. In the middle 1800's the Dobbin House was used as a Way Station for hiding runaway slaves. During the civil way it was used as a hospital for both union and confederate soldiers. After the war it became a tavern.
The Colonial Bar was built in 1818.