Wednesday, August 24, 2011

TRYING TO LEAVE TOWN

Thank goodness we aren't going very far today. It's only about a three hour drive and since we aren't going to get out of town this morning, that is a good thing. As if we didn't have enough to do, a wasp got in the fifth wheel this morning. So Jim has been wasp hunting. Finally got him and sent him on his way to wasp heaven.

Judy asked how short we have the girl's nails trimmed. That all depends on who's doing it and how brave they are. Dachshunds are horrible about having their nails trimmed. And I do mean HORRIBLE. There are many groomers who will not trim a dachshunds nails. And many Vets aren't real excited to do it either. The girls have black nails so you have no idea where the quick is. They also have a long quick and are very vocal if you get anywhere near it. This vet trims them longer than we prefer but since it's included in the price of the check up, it's fine. At least now they aren't pointed and digging into things with them.

Need to get busy and finish putting stuff away. Not sure how well things are stored so I figure this trip will be our shake down (literally) and help me figure out what isn't secured the way it should be. Keep your fingers crossed that I don't end up with too many things smashed.










18 comments:

  1. have a great shakedown trip!..hopefully everything will be where you put it when you get where you are going!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All we can do is get nails trimmed when DearDog is knocked out for teeth cleaning. The rest of the time he has to wear them down on the pavement. There is NO touching him.........Have a good trip out! ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate to take Lady to get her nails trimmed. Some of them are black also, and I notice the vet didn't trim them quite as much. He also told me that most dogs don't like anyone messing with their paws, so maybe our dogs aren't all that much different than the others.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sandie, I'm sorry. :( I was just giving you a bad time about your typo in your last post. You said you got their TAILS trimmed. :)

    I don't know of too many dogs that enjoy getting their nails trimmed. Emma hates it too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, you are going to be moving soon, though. Lucky you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our fingers are crossed. Three hours sounds about right for a shake down cruise.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always try to store stuff as low as possible, especially if it is heavy........

    But then you can hear things that get away from you in the motorhome when it happens. So that will be different now that you have gone to the 5iver.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You need one of these: http://tinyurl.com/66tuca

    I have a pact with bugs. I won't use it in the outdoor space, but it's open season if they come in my inside space! If I ever get to turning my diaries from trips with Rich along with the 35mm pictures into a blog, I have a very funny story to tell about this weapon!

    Scooter and Skittlez must be like my Lizzie. Her nails were black, too, and they cut her quick once and after that she'd shake when I'd turn into the vet. She never forgot so it must really hurt. I try to walk Jack on cement for a while each day to keep his naturally trimmed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy trails... looking forward to hearing about your next adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck with the drive.

    I was always a chicken when it came to trimming Whiskey's nails, I would sooner just pay. She has a couple of nails that are black but at least you have a good idea where the quick is from the lighter nails. Glad your vet includes the trim in with the price.

    Kevin and Ruth
    www.travelwithkevinandruth.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I Know the nail thing, Luci screams like i am cutting off her legs!! And tries to snap at the groomer or vet. such a goober! They have to be done, are like bear claws if not!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wasps are very nasty creatures. Terry and I both know. We got into a nest a week ago and the nest got the best of us -- me with two and Terry with five stings! However, in the end we got the nest.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think we really need to get our former guest dog's nails cut by a vet or pet store. We have no experience and not to excited about trying it ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good luck on your shake down trip. I'm finding I have to keep checking to see what's not secured enough.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm sure everything will travel great...you're too much of a pro by now!! Travel safely to Escapade and tell everyone hi for us! We are on the west side of Montana and wow is this a beautiful state!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hope you have a smashing good trip. Which means no smashing at all! That would make it good.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today. I look forward to reading your comments. Have a beautiful day.