Monday, August 22, 2011

THE COWGIRL AND THE RODEO

IMG_2700 Carol and Doug arrived in Billings a week ago. We first met them last year out in Washington. They followed a few days behind us up the coast and eventually we stayed put long enough for them to catch up. Really enjoyed meeting them and were so looking forward to getting to actually spend some time visiting. (Love the cowgirl hat)

Since Jim and I were busy with the move into the fifth wheel, Carol and Doug did a lot of exploring on their own. But we did get together for a couple of dinners.

IMG_2699 And the rodeo!!! The fair was in town and Carol and Doug fell in love with rodeos when they spent some time in Cody, WY. Thursday night we met them at the fairgrounds.

IMG_2707 What a great time. However, this is probably the first rodeo I’ve been to where the animals won hands down. Since I grew up in Montana, rodeos have always been a part of my life. And normally the cowboys do a pretty good job of riding and roping and wrestling. But Thursday night, the cowboys had a really tough time. Those who made it to the whistle really didn’t have very good scores and in the bull riding, only one guy actually made it for the full 8 second.

IMG_2711 The barrel racers at least stayed on their horse and most of them made it without knocking over barrels. The trick riders did a great job also. But the poor cowboys. Good thing most of them look good in them there jeans.

IMG_2714 My pictures really turned out lousy because it’s really hard to take a picture of bucking, jumping, running, and spinning animals and cowboys. I’m only sharing a couple with you so your eyes won’t cross too bad.

IMG_2722

11 comments:

  1. I've never been to a rodeo, but I'll bet they are fun! Do you root for the cowboys or the animals?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you about trying to take pictures at a rodeo, but your pictures turned out fine. I attended that rodeo vicariously through your blog and pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Then, it was like a surprise ending to the movie if you didn't expect the animals to win. Change is sometimes nice! Don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've wondered if those poor cowboys ever suffer whiplash!? ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had our first rodeo in Houston this year. LOVED IT! I know what you mean about taking pictures. I got a few good ones out of the hundreds I took. OH WELL...it was a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of these days (soon) I think I would enjoy meeting you guys on the road.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a fun event especially since the animals won this time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. giddyup cowgirl!!..nice pictures..it is hard to catch a moving target and you did just fine!..how is the moving going??

    ReplyDelete
  9. From what I see watching Rodeos, the bulls win a whole bunch of the time. Gotta admire the cowboys stamina coming back time after time, just to be bucked off and stomped into the dirt once again!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, Sandie, u never know what those flies have been on!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Judy and I attended our first Rodeo in Tucson last year, and I really enjoyed it... lots of action, and your right, quite often the animals will win!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today. I look forward to reading your comments. Have a beautiful day.