Monday, August 29, 2011

SATURDAY – ESCAPADE

Here are a couple of pictures of how we are parked.

IMG_2784

Nice and close.

IMG_2785

This is down our row. Don’t have a very good picture to show you of all the rigs. We’ll get some stats later on and I’ll pass those on to you about attendance. We were here in 2008 and there aren’t near as many rigs this year.

IMG_2787 Saturday morning Jim and I just kind of lazed around. Jim made us a wonderful omelet breakfast sandwich. Nothing, but nothing, is better than his breakfasts.

Tina and Woody came over and we took off for lunch at Applebee’s. For those of you who haven’t been reading my blog for long, Tina is the reason for Jim and I living in our RV. She came into my office for a simple request and an hour and a half later I finally let her go. She made the mistake of telling me she lived in her RV and that was all it took. By the time she left, I was hooked on the idea. Went home that evening and told Jim this is what we are going to do when we retire. His only question was, when do we get to retire?

IMG_2781

Saturday after lunch we went to the vendor’s area at Escapade. Wanted to check it all out before we decided to spend any money. So far the only thing we’ve bought is an LED light for the reading lights above the bed and we found this:

IMG_2796 spatula

Isn’t that great?

I also took a few pictures of the building we’re using for all of the activities.

IMG_2789

IMG_2790

IMG_2791

A couple of pictures of the vendor area.

IMG_2793

IMG_2795

 

 

 

 

 

 

This room is where all ceremonies and entertainment will take place. Tomorrow, Sunday, will be the opening ceremony in the afternoon and then the evening entertainment and door prizes.

13 comments:

  1. I bet you're not through with those vendors yet. There are many more treasures to be found. What is that a spatula with a fish on it?

    I read someplace that the attendance was way down. I bet it has something to do with location though. Gillette is kind of out of the way of anything. Well, except for Billings!

    Have fun abd enjoy yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice to 'blame someone else' for your dream..we do the same thing..there names are Gord and Juanita..have fun..love the spatula..matches your 'fish decor'!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting! I want to be there, too. Come on house, you are holding me back. I will see you someday.(soon)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like your going to have a great time! Hope the weather stays good and the good times continue to roll!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great looking breakfast!

    The Rally sure looks big enough to me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a really nice facility!!
    What a unique spatula....perfect!!

    Enjoy the fun at the Escapades!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just what you need, more fish items! ;) Looks like you are having a good time at the Escapade. It was interesting to hear how you got started as full-timers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you all are having such fun at this rally. We've been to a few and have enjoyed every one.

    hugs,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  9. The fish spatula is darling, perfect fit for your new decor. I'm looking forward to hearing all about the Escapade and seeing lots of photos. I've never been to one, but I hope to someday. :) You sure are parked close together! If attendance is way down, they should let you park every other site. I'm assuming it's the hook-ups that put you close.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can Jim come cook breadfast for me tomorrow morning? :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE the new grilling spatula. Too cute!
    That place looks enormous! Enjoy all the festivities! Hope you win a door prize.

    ReplyDelete
  12. We went last year in Indiana and had a great time. Couldn't work it out for this year but wish we were there with you. We will be staying tuned in to find out what's happening.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You do not want to come out the door of the RV to fast or you will end up against you neighbor.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today. I look forward to reading your comments. Have a beautiful day.