Thursday, December 3, 2009


We had a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner with old friends in St. Cloud, FL. Nancy wanted things to be so perfect and yet Murphy's Law took over. She decided to clear her oven Thanksgiving morning but when she put the turkey in the clean oven, the juice from the turkey spilled into the bottom of the oven. Then when she put the yams in, they too spilled into the bottom of the oven. So when she turned up the temperature to cook the biscuits and the banana pudding, the oven caught on fire. By the time we got the fire out, the whole house was filled with smoke.

That meant we got to eat outside by the pool. It was a perfectly gorgeous day so we loved eating outside. But Nancy felt so bad. I told her this would just be one of those special moments we wouldn't ever forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting today. I look forward to reading your comments. Have a beautiful day.