Friday, October 21, 2016

We’re Back

Apache Junction, AZ   High 96  Low 68

We left Las Vegas on Tuesday after spending an extra day because of the wind. We drove to Quartzsite to spend the night before heading into Apache Junction.

Quartzsite is still pretty empty but a few of the folks who spend the winter there are starting to arrive. I’m really not sure why anyone would want to spend the winter in Quartzsite, but each to their own. Some of the restaurants were not open and the vendors were few and far between.

One of my classmates from grade school through high school and her hubby just became full timers and this is their first winter in the southwest. They chose Quartzsite because of friends who are also there. This gave us a chance to have dinner with them and catch up on a lot of old memories.

Wanda and Dale

wanda

We went to the Yacht Club for dinner and it was really good. We will be seeing Wanda and Dale again next September in Billings for our 50th Class Reunion.

We left Quartzsite about 8:15 and other than the usual traffic on I-10, had an uneventful trip back to Apache Junction. We have spent the last two days moving stuff from the Bungalow into the fifth wheel.

But we got the Bungalow settled in her storage space and took a break from “work” to have dinner with Paula at Los Gringos Locos.

It’s good to be back.

18 comments:

  1. "Q" is definitely not our favorite place either but folks do like it. However, that's not to say we won't spend a night or two there checking on Al's Pizza. We also like the Yacht Club. See you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you arrived back to AZ uneventful this year. I recognized the yacht club from the photo. Last year with the no owners, I thought it was better than before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not sure why anyone would want to live in the Q anytime of the year.
    Home Sweet Home...enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We'll be back next week. 96, huh, maybe too early. ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I understand wintering at Q. The price is certainly right.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you made it back to AJ safely, nice to hear from you again.
    We enjoy Quartzsite for a bit in the winter for a while because of the open spaces and quirkiness of the town and the desert.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aren't homecomings wonderful? I love that feeling of driving up the road to home... Right now, for me, driving up the road to Quartzsite gives me that feeling. I love being there, the open spaces and also the never-ending campsite possibilities draw me. When I need a change, I head to other camp areas in the vicinity. Lot's of possibilities, and I like that. When I have a home base that might change... :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have never been to The Yacht Club. Probably never will now. Welcome home.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I didn't care all that much for Q the one time I went there, but I can see the draw for many folks. I just am not a desert person. It's good you are back and settled and ready to enjoy AJ for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome home. I can deal well with the mid 90's after spending the summer here. UCK! Hope it doesn't happen again next year.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I enjoy the solitude of the desert around Q. I'd be one to stay there a long time, of course I'd have to be on my own, because Marti is not a fan of the desert. :c)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Holy Cow!! We were in Vegas all last week! We could have met up! That's what I get for not checking your blog sooner! Will call when we get to Mesa next week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can deal well with the mid 90's after spending the summer here. UCK! Hope it doesn't happen again next year.



    ** สล็อต ออนไลน์ ได้ เงิน จริง**
    ** goldenslot mobile**

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today. I look forward to reading your comments. Have a beautiful day.