Monday, May 13, 2013

Jim’s $1358 Bottle Of Water

Apache Junction, AZ  High 98   Low 71
Yes, Carolyn – we finally have a new profile picture (thanks to Rod). We haven’t had the motorhome for almost two years now so it was about time to get ‘er changed.

P1030326Friday, Jim spent 3 hours in the dentist chair. He is getting a brand new crown and a new filling. They did give him a bottle of water for his money. That has to be the most expensive bottle of water ever. 

His other crown and mine are both going to have to wait until we come back down in the Fall. Maybe I can win the lottery in the meantime to pay for it. We thought about going to Mexico but after the problems I had the last time we were there, I didn’t want to try it again.

My passport is missing some numbers in the scanned area. They are all correct up at the top of the page but it took me at least a half an hour to get back into the USA. Jeri, Terry and Jim were all waiting for me and had no idea what was going on. I also had problems when we took a tour into Canada at Niagara Falls. We’re getting new passports this summer.

We had a brief storm move through – some really strong winds and about 50 drops of rain. Just enough to really make a mess of windows and our clean rig.

Beautiful sunset.

P1030315

P1030321

Info For Animal Lovers
Dachshund Rescue of Houston sadly reported one of their rescues got in to the toxic Sago Palm trimmings while out in the yard with her daddy. Her liver and kidneys failed even with emergency vet care. This tragedy has occurred in Houston before, but this post is to make others aware, in case it grows in your area. If we can save one dog or cat, their deaths were not in vain. Please read this Snopes article and spread the word: http://www.snopes.com/critters/crusader/sagopalm.asp

SagoPalm

21 comments:

  1. I think I'll stick to a glass of wine. That water is way too expensive for me! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you at least get a nickel back from the bottle deposit? ;c)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would keep refilling that bottle:) Thanks for the heads up on he palm tree. I had no idea and would likely let Halley scrounge around it:(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our dentist in Mexico would have done that job for about $200. You could have flown there, had a week long holiday and had your dental work done all for less money.

    I don't remember...what problems did you have last time you were in Mexico?

    www.travelwithkevinandruth.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Had no idea about the palm issue. That is scary as that is fairly common as a landscape plant. I would worry about the passport issue too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like it's getting pretty hot there. I'm with you on the Mexican dental work. Sure you hear about a lot of success stories, you do hear some horrible problems too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will NEVER get one of those plants!!! Had no idea... that would be a horrid thing to happen to your pet!! Thanx for the update...
    Love your new picture...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fortunately my passport is good until 2020, and I won't ever need another one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lookin good on the profile picture, and glad the instructions worked... I wondered if they could be followed... Loyce and I have held back from dental work in Mex also.... And our passports need to be renewed this year as well....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, it's a great picture indeed and yes, my sissy wimpness will keep me from ever spending $1358 for a bottle of water.

    I knew that about the palms ~ I'm afraid of any of the tropical plants around pets. Philodendron, Dieffenbachia ~ all those guys ...

    Beautiful sunsets ... ahhhh

    ReplyDelete
  11. Denis got 4 crowns in Los Algodones, Mexico by Dr. Sonia for $500. I had 4 small cavities filled. The office was very modern, clean and very professional. Maybe it depends on who and where you go.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Right about the sunsets, very pretty

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the sunsets! Will you have that bottle bronzed? Thanks for the 'heads' up on the palm.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm thinking it's way past time for you two to get out of Arizona. It's way too hot to hang around.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good luck with all that dental work.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'd want some strong medications in that bottle both for dental work and the shock of the bill afterwards!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous sunset photos! Thanks for the sago palm info. I think we have some in our park.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous sunset photos! Thanks for the sago palm info. I think we have some in our park.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hmm, Sago Palms, Valley Fever, seems the south really has it in for our pets.

    Once you get your passport fixed we can go to the dentist together in Algodonese.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the sunset pics. Bummer about the dental work.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today. I look forward to reading your comments. Have a beautiful day.