Saturday, May 4, 2013

And What Are the Girls Up To?

Apache Junction, AZ  High 99  Low 67

P1030225

Scooter just goes nuts if she hears water being sprayed anywhere. We once made the mistake of having her in the truck with us when we went through a car wash. Never do that again.

P1030214

She loves to chase the water coming out of the hose and barks and growls and carries on. Skittlez won’t get near the water so she just stands around and barks at Scooter.

Or lays in the sun.

P1030226

Always begging if there’s food around.

 P1020360

And helping Mom write the blog.

girls

I also want you to meet Obie. I follow him on FB. Some of you may have seen him on TV when he weighed 77 lbs. He has now lost 39 lbs. and is pretty healthy and happy. He just had skin reduction surgery and just look at the difference. If you are interested in his story, please checkout his FB page at: https://www.facebook.com/BiggestLoserDoxieEdition

obie

Ginny came by today and asked us if we wanted to go out to the local Speedway with them tonight. That would be a definite yes. So we headed out to the track. But, no races tonight. They were having sand drags and mud bogs and we weren’t real excited about that. Turned around to come home and heard Dairy Queen calling to us.

After checking online, we found out that the races will be next Saturday so we have that to look forward to.

20 comments:

  1. Sandie, I think you are surrounded by all the help you could need.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can hear our local DQ just about anytime. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot believe that anyone would abuse their dog/doxie the way those people did. What were they thinking????

    ReplyDelete
  4. Skittlez looks like a roasted wiener laying there in the sun. And I sure have never seen a Dachs sitting on his buns like Skittlez does.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did see Obie on TV. The people that had him should be put behind bars for a while. What a shame to do that to any animal. Thanks for sharing what he looks like now. I am sure if he could talk, he would thank those taking care of him now.

    Your girls are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did you know that the races are back at 11 mile corner? They have a nice dirt track.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now let see .. your last blog it was a cream puff calling you and now this one it's DQ??

    ReplyDelete
  8. DQ is one of our favorites, the call always comes through loud and clear!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gerry hasn't found a DQ that she didn't like yet. We are heading into Texas and every town there has a DQ. It may take a month to drive through there, unless I can distract Gerry.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Did someone say Ice Cream?..love those soft serve cones!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I guess Obie made too many stops at Dairy Queen... :cD

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's one fat weiner dog! Was one fat weiner dog.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, Obie looks great and got to have skin reduction surgery??? Geez.. luci also won't hear of going near ANY water.. even goes so far as to hide when she hears the outside water running... Good in a bath tho, thank heavens. tolerates I guess one would say :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You took Scooter through a car wash?? well, Nancy? hahaaaa... I bet he didn't like it... oh, me. they are soooo cute ...

    DQ? jeeeez ... love their Butterfinger Blizzard ... blast! I hate being fat or I'd go and get one ... no I won't! you know there isn't a DQ in Little Rock?? there surely isn't... well, blast! but good .

    jeeeeez cream puffs and DQs ... there is something about the medium sized vanilla cone dipped in chocolate that is very very soothing. when traveling? that was my night cap... didn't feel guilty until morning time.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jack loves any kind of water--loves to try to catch water from a hose or spigot--just don't say the word "bath".

    Wow, I don't like to be judgmental, but Obie - my goodness that's downright animal abuse. I'm glad the owner came to her senses and is doing the right thing, now, but I'd feel terrible if I put my pup through unnecessary surgeries. I kind of skimmed because I had a hard time looking at him. Amazing - a doxie losing 39 pounds, geez--that's two more doxies!

    S&S just prove how different dogs are from one another. Lizzie and Jack were so different in so many ways but both wonderful in their own special ways. One thing they had in common was their love of water.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Obie looks wonderful! It's terrible that Obie's owners let him gain so much weight.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What responsible pet owners could mistreat their dog like that. Yes, it surely is animal cruelty. He's not feeding himself!

    ReplyDelete
  18. My sister also has a dog that loves the water just like Scooter. Wow, I can't believe Obie lost so much weight.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm so glad you posted the pictures of Obie. He looks great. I had seen the story but did not know the outcome. He will certainly enjoy life now. Some people just love their babies too much, and don't know the seriousness of too much food. We had a lab in the park a few days ago that was very over wt, felt sorry for her, didn't have the ump to walk.
    Love the water story, neither Effie or Cooper care for it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today. I look forward to reading your comments. Have a beautiful day.