Friday, August 17, 2012

RELAXING

Helena, MT   High 64  Low 41

P1000312

A cold front went through and we dropped from the 90’s into the 60’s with lots of wind. I’m sure grateful we weren’t up in the Great Falls or Cascade areas. They had winds at over 100 mph which did a lot of damage. We had gusts up to about 60 mph but they didn’t last very long here in Helena. Then by Saturday we will be back into the 90’s. What a summer this has been weatherwise.

P1000257When not exploring Helena we’ve been doing laundry (nice laundromat). 

Going out to dinner with friends. Sometimes I remembered to take a picture, and other times the camera stayed in my purse.

We went to Riley’s Irish Pub one evening with Nancy.

rileys

P1000307Nancy also worked at the IRS and we went to a lot of training classes together. She is one of the best cooks ever and used to make all these wonderful treats for our classes. Dinner was a lot of fun but the food was just so-so.  

Sharon and George were also here for a week. They are the ones who organized our Death Valley Cancer Walk but have since retired. My brother-in-law, Don, is Sharon’s uncle. We sure have had fun with them.

Putting up a tent

P1000249

Tying shoes

P1000252 

Going to the Farmers Market

P1000253

Buying nuts

P1000256

And barbequing

P1000296 

              Don

P1000297

             George

P1000300

             Sharon and Jim

Jim has been fishing and catching so we got to have a fish dinner one night. And more fish in the freezer.

Skittlez helps me with the blog.

P1000238

Scooter loves to hunt in the weeds.

P1000303

And beautiful sunsets. Not sure what that little black cloud was all about though.

P1000310

P1000317

14 comments:

  1. Wonderful times with wonderful friends. Keep the good times rollings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful sunset photo! I'm ready for a cool front to come through here. It's not that I want the wind. I just want it to cool down and it might just do that in the new few days. Yippee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos, once they loaded for me! The weather there sounds wonderful to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pictures! I wonder what Scooter is hunting in th weeds???

    ReplyDelete
  6. That front came through here yesterday and for the first time in nearly forever I found myself wishing I'd brought a jacket when it was time to come home from our outing. I am NOT complaining about that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't even imagine 60 degrees right now. We may have a cold front coming through so the high will only be 97. lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those sunset photos are awesome. Sounds like you are getting to do lots of fun things. Sorry our meet up didn't work out but maybe down the road aways it will. This Missoula park is much better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great sunset photos, sometimes it nice to relax

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love those fur kids! The temperatures here in Michigan are great too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. just stopping in to say Hi!..hope you and Jim are well..we had 'crappy internet' this weekend..so I am way behind on my blog reading!..oh, well..not much I can do about it!
    take care and enjoy your week!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Skittlez is so talented!!! I see Scooter could care less about blogging...he he.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great sunset shots,we too loved Montana and Helena that has a beautiful Capitol buildings.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today. I look forward to reading your comments. Have a beautiful day.