Monday, October 30, 2023

Valley of Fire State Park - A Visual Journey

 If you've never taken the time to visit Valley of Fire State Park in Nevada, do it. It is so gorgeous. In fact most of this post will be pictures because I couldn't pick just a few.


Valley of Fire is Nevada's largest and oldest State Park and formally opened in 1934. The park gets its name from the way the red sandstone formations seem to glow as if they are on fire in the hour just before sunset. 

Adding another thing to my do list is plan my journey so I can be there at sunset.


 

 








Can you see him?
 







On my way back out of the park, here he is surveying his kingdom.



I did not want to go back through Las Vegas and all the traffic, so I took the road that leads to Lake Mead. This was a beautiful drive with very little traffic.






The End



 

3 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful area to visit. We enjoyed our time there thanks for the reminder...Your 'The End" is so cute...lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen the SW red rocks at sunset and they do seem to glow. Good you got to see some wildlife.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh we were at the Valley of Fire Park at the end of Oct too. Amazing place!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today. I look forward to reading your comments. Have a beautiful day.