Monday, October 2, 2023

Memories

Okay. Not real happy this morning because it is only 55 degrees. I had to wear my coat. I really didn't expect it to be quite this cold. And yes it's cold, especially for those of us who survived the hottest July ever.  My body goes into survival mode with any temps under 70. 

I needed fuel so I stopped in Fillmore to fill up. I took a ride around town because Jim and I stayed here back in January 2009 when we began our full time rving life. This is the RV Park we stayed at. We often stayed here when traveling I-15.


 And suddenly I'm overwhelmed with memories. Wonderful memories but so much pain. So I take time to cry and then it's time to move on. 

I am so looking forward to getting to Salt Lake. Well, not the traffic, but the fact that I get to see one of my very best friends, Janet. It's been way too long since we've had some girl time. 

I cannot believe I did not take a single picture when I was in SLC. But Janet and I were having such a fabulous time I totally spaced out pictures. We talked for hours and hours.  I worked with Janet for many years at the IRS including several years after she moved to Billings. Oh the good times and the some not so good.  

Saying goodbye was tough but I'm working on a plan to get her to come visit AZ this winter. Keep your fingers crossed for us.

Spent the next night in Idaho Falls. Checked into the hotel and was too tired to worry about dinner. 

Tomorrow I will be at my sister's in Helena. Haven't seen her and Don since summer of 2021. Family time!!

3 comments:

  1. Memories are meant to be relived and you just have to go along with the emotions that arise. Then yo created new memories with Janet. You much have been having a wonderful together. Now yo will have to revisit those memories as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you! 55 degrees is coat weather. Last winter, before we left for Tucson, was just miserable. Anytime we went anywhere we felt like we were becoming The Mummy with all of the clothes to put on. I admire your decision to just get in the car and go. Your posts have reminded me that I really do need to drive more, to stay in practice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is wonderful thing to travel, both as a way to fulfill our dreams and to make memories that we can recall.

    We all have our time machines.
    Some take us back.
    They're called Memories.
    Some take us forward.
    They're called Dreams.

    Jeremy Irons British Actor 1948

    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today. I look forward to reading your comments. Have a beautiful day.