Thursday, April 8, 2010

A TRIP TO THE ZOO

We decided to brave the hoards of children once again and go to the Phoenix Zoo. What a delightful experience that was. Other than the parents who don't know how to be parents. Or cell phone users. (In fact, I finally told one gal to talk quieter on her cell phone because I couldn't hear the tour guide.)

I wish I could post all of the pictures we took here on the blog but since we took almost 100, I'm not going to do that. I picked a few that I like the best and you'll just have to visit the zoo for yourself to see all the other wonderful animals.

I really love the giraffes. (Maybe it's because I'm so short and have no neck. )









Aren't these animals just magnificant?

This fellow is one you want to stay away from. He is a Komodo Dragon. They are the largest and heaviest lizard in the world. They will grow to 10 feet and weigh up to 200 lbs. They can climb trees, swim and run very rapidly despite their size. He has a phenomenal appetite. He will eat pigs, deers, has been known to bring down an adult water buffalo and small or injured humans.




The squirrel monkeys are in a large area that humans are allowed to walk through and experience the monkeys up close.



Judy and Don thought this baboon would make a great addition to their house but couldn't figure out how to free him from the zoo.

2 comments:

  1. Giraffe's are one of my favorites too. I think it's their coloring. Nice photos of all the animals.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today. I look forward to reading your comments. Have a beautiful day.