Wednesday, December 11, 2013

One Time and One Time Only

Apache Junction, AZ  High 70  Low 44 – Now that’s more like it.

Monday we picked up my sister and stopped to visit Aunt Happy. From there we headed to the Mesa airport to pick up my BIL. His plane was about 45 minutes late and Don was sure glad to get here and walk out into sunshine with temperatures above zero.

He and Judy took us to Sweet Tomatoes for lunch.

P1070483

P1070484This is the one time only part. Don had seen a shirt in Montana that just cracked him up and he just had to send it to Jim. One day this package arrived in the mail and this is the shirt.

Those of you who know Jim, you know that he worked for Chevy for 50 years and that a GM vehicle is the only one that will ever be in our possession. But Jim wore this shirt to pick up Don and everybody had a big laugh. The shirt will not be seen again.

Do you guys read Kevin and Ruth's blog? They are in Africa and have posted some of the most incredible pictures. I love this one they took of the zebras. You really need to check out their adventures.

zebras

Another wonderful Arizona sunset.

sunset

21 comments:

  1. Ya, those Chevys keep a good parts man busy...... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, maybe you should give that shirt to Paul, lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAhaa love the T-shirt and I most certainly will check out their blog ... wow...

    great sunset picture! ~ got up to 40 here but now it's back down to 30 heading in the middle 20's... sigh

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the mention Sandie! BTW, Kevin is the same as Jim, he loves GM and only once owned a ford and that was only because is was a cheap beater upper!

    www.travelwithkevinandruth.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always new Jim was a true Ford man at heart.....ha ha!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We always owned Chevy too...until we bought a Jeep last March!
    Nice sunset...hope to be in Tucson next month!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have had most vehicles and enjoyed them all.
    We too love the Arizona sunsets, ours was almost like yours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm surprised Jim even wore that shirt one time. How funny! Been to Africa and took lots of pictures. Every once in a while I go through them. It was fun and glad I went but have no interest in going again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I never really cared what brand of car I had just so long as it worked. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tell Jim that shirt would work well for polishing his nice Chevy!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Okay, first dibs! For Doug - the real Ford man!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute story with the shirt. The sunset makes me want to be in AZ NOW. We arrive in Tucson Sun. and can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm thinking that Ford shirt made an honest man out of Jim! :cD

    ReplyDelete
  14. HA HA... Bet Jim BURNED that Ford shirt after that one time he wore it... BUT--I know that Don loved seeing him IN that shirt!!!!!! ha...

    YES--you all are WARMER than we are here... Our low last night was about 25 and the high today is only in the 30's.... Brrrrrrrrr...

    Enjoy your gorgeous weather!
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like that Ford shirt - it looks good on Jim! Even though my motor home has a Ford truck attached and I love it, I think you should take a big black permanent magic marker and print "SUCKS" under the Ford Logo. Then he'll have another shirt he can proudly wear. Or put an X through the Ford Logo and print GM or CHEVY under it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, those Arizona sunsets are wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Africa might be nice enough, but give me an AZ sunset and I'll be just happy.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've seen some pretty awesome Arizona sunset pictures but that one has got to be the nicest one I've ever seen. Amazing !

    ReplyDelete
  19. Chevy- remember that great song "took my Chevy to the levee", but I can't think of one about a Ford! I'm a die hard Chevy owner.

    ReplyDelete
  20. That weather is more like it isn't it

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today. I look forward to reading your comments. Have a beautiful day.