Monday, May 31, 2021

It's Cold and Miserable in Dayton

 Dayton, NV   High 55 Low 36

It is cold and I'm miserable. There is snow on the mountain tops all around us. Really pretty as long as it stays up there. 

Our drive from Hawthorne to Dayton was only 110 miles but the wind was so fierce it felt like 1,110 miles. We couldn't stay another night in Hawthorne because they were booked. So we pushed on and finally made it. I sure was glad when that drive ended but not as glad as Jim.

There is so much to do in this area but I'm not sure how much we will do because of the weather. The wind continued to blow for most of the time we were there. We also had rain and did I say it was cold!!



 We are parked at the Dayton RV Park. We have never stayed at a park quite like this one. The majority of the spots are designed for motor homes to pull in. I guess they didn't have a fifth wheel or travel trailer spot available when we showed up so we were given a motor home spot which we backed into and which meant that all our utilities were on the wrong side of the Bungalow.  

These two were our next door neighbors. What a wonderful view they have out of their front windows. Directly into the window of the other motor home. And the second picture shows how close the fifth wheel behind us was. He must stay here permanently because he couldn't get out with us in our spot. (I took this picture through our dirty window with the screen in the way)

 


 

We did decide to drive up to Virginia City but once again, there was no where to park and it was cold. In fact Mother Nature had the audacity to actually snow on us while we were there. There is a 15% grade climbing up to the town and yet we saw an RV trying to get through the main street. We have been to VC a couple of times so we drove through and took a couple of pictures. The view from up there is stunning.




On our way back down to Dayton we stopped at the Chocolate Nugget. Just can't resist a candy store. Got some butterscotch bars and headed back to the warmth of the Bungalow.




I'm not excited about getting out and about so everything will just have to wait to see if we come back this way. However, my next post is the real reason we are in Dayton. 

Molossia!


8 comments:

  1. We are expecting a high of 104 today, so I just can't believe you are talking about snow! I always think it is easier to get warm, than it is to get cool, so enjoy your weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum candy store. We had a terrible time in Virginia City. Brakes overheated and so did I.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like that RV park was designed by a committee and not one member an RVer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum, butterscotch! I haven't had any of that in ages. Might have to put it on our shopping list. :)

    If I'd stopped at that RV park in my van I would have parked as close as I can to the outside edge to put at least a little distance between my window and my neighbor's window. Ugh! I would not have liked having someone able to look in so easily.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the photo of the two RVs nose to nose. That's a crazy layout.

    ReplyDelete
  6. RV place must have been designed way before all these huge rigs came out. I wouldn't know what to do in a big candy store like that! OH Yummy

    ReplyDelete
  7. After the AZ heat, I can imagine you don't like cooler weather. We've been to VA City a few times and always enjoyed it. I would hate that close nose to nose parking.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Snow in the mountains is fine as long as it does not hamper our movements. Chocolate Nuggets is something I too won't give a miss.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today. I look forward to reading your comments. Have a beautiful day.