Sunday, May 30, 2021

Surprise - We're Here

 Hawthorne, NV   


Leaving Beatty behind, we headed for Hawthorne, NV where our special friends, George and Sharon live. We met them back in 2010 when we went to Death Valley to help Sharon with her fund raising cancer walk.

I had talked to Sharon a couple of weeks ago to verify that they would be home when we arrived on the 19th. Sharon wasn't sure she would be there because she was thinking about going to Los Angeles to visit her daughter. She was going to decide if she was going to leave or wait til after our visit. 

I got a text from her saying that she was going to be home and was going to cook dinner for us. She wanted to know what we wanted and I let her know that I couldn't eat beef because of my gout. So she decided chicken parmesan would be perfect.

When we got set up in the campground, I sent her a text asking her what time we should show up and she told me anytime after 4 would be perfect. Jim and I knocked on their door at 4:15. I wish I had a camera to capture Sharon's expression when she came to the door. That's right - she had gotten the date wrong and dinner was definitely not ready for us. 

I need to claim some of the blame in the mix-up because I failed to mention in my text that we were in town. 

We got a big laugh out of the whole misunderstanding and decided to go out to dinner. Like I told them, it didn't matter what we did for dinner - we just wanted to visit with such good friends.


3 comments:

  1. Always nice visiting with good friends.
    Be Safe and Enjoy the love.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always enjoyed meeting folks via blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That worked out in the end anyway. And you all had a good laugh over it, that's when you know you are good friends.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today. I look forward to reading your comments. Have a beautiful day.