Wednesday, July 17, 2024

Searching for Aliens

 Middle of Nevada and it's just plain HOT!!

Driving up Highway 93 I stopped in Alamo to get fuel and also picked up some Church's Fried Chicken. It smelled so good I could not say no. Got to a junction in the road and turned left to go on the Extraterrestrial Highway (Nevada 375). 

I'm sure most of you are well aware of Area 51, a secret government operation, that is supposedly where aliens found in the desert were taken for further analysis. Not sure what really does go on there and it is well guarded. Years ago Jim and I pulled up to a gate at Groom Lake and saw several soldiers with large guns. We didn't stay long.

I stopped at the ET road sign and pulled into some shade. Sat in the car to enjoy my chicken and it was some of the best I've ever had. But it got hot really quickly even in the shade.

I do not understand why people have to destroy things with graffiti. There has got to be a better way to say "I've Been Here". 


 Now the quest is on. I head down the highway and shortly reached the Alien Research Center. I am really excited to see what kind of research they are doing. The parking lot is empty which didn't surprise me, since there was very little traffic on the highway.

Pulled up to the door and was met with a sign stating they were closed due to the heat. Oh no. Bummer.  I took a couple of pictures and headed on down the road.


 

9-20-19 - Storm Area 51, They Can't Stop All Of Us! Started out as a joke on FB and then took off. Thousands of people said they would be attending but only about 150 people actually showed up. And no, they did  not storm Area 51.

Traveled about 25 miles looking for the Black Mail Box.  But I gave up mostly because of the heat and turned around. My next stop will be in Caliente.

 

2 comments:

  1. Maybe it would be better to wait until your return trip and cooler temperatures, to stop in again. We've visited Roswell twice.
    Be Safe and Enjoy your adventure.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. On the way to cooler Montana? Hope so.. it is HOT out there, but never as hot as AZ!!! Safe travels

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today. I look forward to reading your comments. Have a beautiful day.