Wednesday, July 10, 2024

On The Road Eventually

Las Vegas NV.  High 117 Low 95. It's hot everywhere unless it happens to be raining somewhere.  Then it's hot and humid.

There was a fire close to Lost Dutchman State Park and Goldfield Ghost Town.  The fire fighters quickly got it under control so it burned about 88 acres.



I was going to write a post about getting ready to leave for my trip north. Didn't happen. But I have a couple of pictures to share. When I have the energy I'll try and catch you up to date.

We've had some beautiful sunrises and sunsets since the monsoon season has arrived. But no rain.


 

 



 Had a pizza party at the clubhouse.


This lady is really a special person. Tina came into my office for help back in 2008. We got to talking and she mentioned they lived in a fifth wheel and traveled. I went home and told Jim that when we retired, we were going to live in a fifth wheel. And so we did for many years.

Thank you Tina for some of the best years ever. She found Todd at work and sent me this picture. 


It will be August before I reach my final goal. Todd, Michaela and, of course, Elias. I also think Michaela's mom, Mary Beth, will be there and I can hardly wait to spend time with all the family.

So here is my handsome son


 And Todd's little mini me



Look Grandma - lots of sunscreen


I'm leaving Las Vegas this morning. Maybe I'll see some aliens.
 

3 comments:

  1. I'm still crossing my fingers that you'll just keep traveling east until you land in Ohio.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure how far north you have to go to find cool weather. Maybe northern Canada. Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like those Flip Flops. Even in the most southern part of Canada, it's scorching hot. We even had the last of Beryl today. With dry heat like that, you definitely want to go north into the mountains.
    Be Safe and Enjoy visiting your family.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today. I look forward to reading your comments. Have a beautiful day.