Sunday, July 21, 2024

On to Pioche and Panaca

Panaca, NV - same-o, same-o, hot and more hot

Welcome to Pioche, NV.  Jim and I spent time exploring in this area in 2012. So I just made a quick visit to reminisce.

Pioche was founded in 1869 when silver was found in them thar' hills. Pioche was one tough town. during the early 1870s nearly 60% of murders reported in the entire state occurred in Pioche. 72 people were murdered and buried in Boot Hill before any natural deaths occurred.

Boot Hill

 

 


You can see the aerial tram which was used to transport buckets of silver and nickel ore from the mines to the Godbe Mill.

Taken from the Pioche Chamber of Commerce Website

 
 
 

 
 

 
 
Town Hall
 

 Lincoln County Court House


There are so many other places to see in Pioche but it was time for me to check in for another new experience.
 
I headed back to Panaca to check into the Pine Tree Inn. 
 

 

I did not realize until I checked in that it is a Bed & Breakfast. (I know I'm a little slow on the uptake sometimes.) I have never stayed at one before and I found it very interesting.
 
The house is old but it was spotless. My room and bathroom.
 

 

There is a bedroom upstairs and one on the main level and one downstairs. I had the main level which is a good thing. They also have a cabin out back that is available to rent. We had a full house and cabin.
 

 

 

I had a very very good friend who grew up in Panaca. He died a few years ago and I miss him. In the family room there is a book of the families from Panaca through the years. And I found him in this book. His name was Phares Quincy Woods. I took a picture of the page with his name on it. 
 
 

 
Breakfast was really incredible. The host was busy so didn't get a chance to visit but I had company at the table. And one of them definitely kept the conversation going. 
 
 

Daisy and I are headed to Beaver, UT for our next stop with a couple of side trips. 

I am so far behind on blogging. I am currently in Helena, MT so I'm trying to get caught up.




 


5 comments:

  1. Always nice going back to places to reminisce. It also gave you time to learn some of the history as well.
    That Bed and Breakfast looked very nice and tidy.
    Be Safe and Enjoy your next adventure.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We drove through Pinoche on a transit. I actually can't remember in which direction. It's a cute little town, and they had a well placed gas station which we were happy to see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous place to spend the night. Maybe I'll mosey through there one day when it's COOLER.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you are enjoying your trip.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today. I look forward to reading your comments. Have a beautiful day.