Monday, December 19, 2022

December Happenings Number Two

 AJ, AZ    High 58  Low 37  way too cold as far as I'm concerned

 The Apache Junction RZRs are a group of people who decorate their 4x4's, jeeps and pickups for Christmas. Then they do a parade through some of the RV parks here in AJ. We were chosen this year and here they come.

Any money that is raised by this group is used to fill the closet at the children's hospital. This closet is filled with toys, stuffed animals, clothes and other goodies for children who are too sick to go home. 


You could hear the rumble long before you could see the lead vehicle. Someone counted the number of vehicles and came up with 330 - amazing. 


 I took my chair and joined Ginny, Mickey, Andy, Bernie, and Wendy. I also took my blanket because it was cold out.


I took a video but it's too big to load here. I finally remembered to take a couple of pictures. But I was so busy waving and yelling Merry Christmas and Thank you that I only got these few. 

 


After the parade headed for another park we went up to the clubhouse where they had hot chocolate, hot apple cider and cookies for us to enjoy. 

A really fun evening. 


Then a not so fun, but necessary, time. I had cataract surgery on my right eye last Wednesday. Everything went just like it was supposed to and thanks once again to Ginny, I had a ride to and from the doctors. 

It truly is amazing how much brighter the colors are. Cataracts grow so slowly that you don't notice the change in what colors you are seeing. Now, when I look at my white car with my right eye, I see a truly white car and a white carport. When I look with just my left eye, I see a yellowish cream colored car and carport. 

The left eye gets a new view on the 28th of December. Then it takes about six weeks for your eyes to heal so you can be tested as to whether you need glasses or not. I already know I will need glasses which is fine with me. I've worn them since I was in first grade so I'd be lost without them. 

On Saturday night after the cookout, some of the folks in our park decorated their golf carts and motorcycles and we had another parade. It was cold outside and I was really chilled so I took these pictures through my window. That means their quality leaves much to be desired.








A huge thank you to everyone who participated and I sure hope this becomes an annual event.

 

4 comments:

  1. wow, 330 decorated vehicles. Glad the eye surgery went well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you all the best with the next eye surgery! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy your surgery went well as will the next one, yes it is amazing how much better colors are.
    What a wonderful thing the parade was and that they donate the money for hospital bound children. And then a second parade for more fun lights!
    Merry Christmas !

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today. I look forward to reading your comments. Have a beautiful day.