Saturday, December 10, 2022

December Happenings

Apache Junction.  High 58. Low 44

Well, it appears December is going to be a busy month. I have cataract surgery scheduled for both eyes. Saw the dermatologist and I don't have to go back for a year. Also have my yearly check up scheduled.
 
But I've also had a couple of fun times besides doctor visits. My church group had a Christmas party out at Saguaro Lake Guest Ranch. What a glorious location. The Ranch is located on the banks of the Salt River, in the shadow of the Bulldog Cliffs.  Saguaro Lake Guest Ranch was created out of the work camp built in 1927 to facilitate the construction of Stewart Mountain Dam between 1928 and 1930. I really loved the fact that they have kept the Ranch rustic and true to its western roots. 

Just some of the pictures I took.
 
The fireplace in the community center.
 
The Salt River (controlled by the dam and not usable for kayaking at this time of year).



 The Cliffs at sunset



 

The campfire

And the last picture - the moon rising over the Ranch.

I'm going to save our next December treat for my next post.

5 comments:

  1. I didn't know such a place exitsted out there, it looks lovely and love the fire place in the center of the room. Drs. appt. are scheduled for me also but had to be put off when I caught a head cold from hell, and had to get antibiotics to kill this thing, hope they work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos Sandie!! That had to have been a fun outing, the Salt River Canyon is a beautiful place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a very nice place for an outing. Good luck with the eye surgery, I may have that in my future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful place. Great pictures especially the cliffs at sunset.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a special place. I al happy to see that you have some different things happening this month.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today. I look forward to reading your comments. Have a beautiful day.