Friday, September 2, 2022

A Long Long Summer

AJ, AZ   Highs somewhere around 95 to 100   lows finally in the 70s for a few nights

I started this post several days ago and the heat is back. Headed towards 110 for the weekend. I am really looking forward to some cooler days.


This is exactly how my life is at this point in time.  I'm getting through one day at a time. I belong to a FB group called Road Widows, Road Warriors. These woman have really helped me through my tough days of missing Jim. They understand my devastation and tears even when I am not rational. 

 


I also have very special people who go out of their way to check on me and brighten up my life with their calls or texts.  I am so blessed to know them.

 


I disconnected Jim's cell phone and I had no idea how hard that would hit me. It took me over a week to even feel like I was recovering. Turning off that phone was like losing Jim all over again. I didn't know it was possible to shed so many tears.

 

I don't go anywhere except to the store for a grocery pick up or the pharmacy occasionally. I'm hoping to get out more when the weather cools down. July and most of August really weren't horrible but next week as we head into September the temperatures are on the rise. Looking at 108 to 110 for a few days. But hoping Fall isn't too far behind.

 I love our Superstition Mountains with the clouds.



We did get some monsoon storms which are welcome because of the rain they bring. I could do without the wind but that is part of the monsoon package. About the only pictures I've taken are of clouds. We've had some really spectacular lightning shows and I'm grateful they haven't set off a lot of fires. 

 


 



I've been putting out a water dish for my bunny neighbor. As hot and dry as it has been, I think he and the birds are enjoying having the water.  (The white thing is my awning post)

 



I don't think I posted this picture of my neighbor's cactus blooming earlier this summer. It is so beautiful but the blooms only last a day.

 

We had 16 at our breakfast outing. We went to a place in Mesa called What The Hell. Good food and good friends.

 

My next post will be more exciting.

6 comments:

  1. You may find this hard to believe but that roller coaster of emotions that you are going through over Jim is totally natural as part of the grieving process. Just saying you are doing better doesn't help because just seeing or hearing something will set you off all over again.
    I'm not telling you something from a book but from personal experience. Time does not heal all the pain but it teaches you how to cope and you will even cherish the good times.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time and how you use it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good to hear from you.. yes the days are mundane, and they do go on some days... not much interesting.. read, TV, washing out garbage cans today... see... pretty exciting here huh? Am SO-so glad i got that air conditioner, it has ran all of August, now into Sept.. hard to believe it is already Sept... Love the little bunny... i put water out too for the birdies... suppose they can fly to the irrigation ditch in the next bloc. But sometimes i have lots of birds out there... Take care.. drink water, stay cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm happy you found groups that are helping you out and your neighbors sound like wonderful people. At least you have been taking pictures, I have not but the clouds and sunsets even sunrises have been fabulous! Your little bunny friend must love you for the water dish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait for it to turn cooler. It's so dry here in Montana we could spontaneously combust! Hugs to you Sandie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always good to hear from you and nice that you have good human, furry and feathered friends. I cannot imagine what you must be going through but we wish you the very best.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just read this post, so much different than your current one. Smile my friend and hang in there.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today. I look forward to reading your comments. Have a beautiful day.