Apache Junction, AZ High 91 Low 63
We saw the oncologist on Monday and he had nothing but good news for us. We really like those kinds of doctor visits.
After leaving his office we headed over to the Texaz Grill to meet up with Bob and Jo for lunch. They stay clear over on the west side of Phoenix and we’re all the way east so we try to meet in the middle. Jo is having back issues and they will have to be in area for most, if not all, of the summer.
Before we made it to the restaurant, Jim’s phone rang. I answered the phone while he pulled over because it was his heart doctor’s office. Seems he has a problem with a blockage in his femoral artery in his right leg. In 2012 he had his left leg fixed with a by-pass and a stent. So we are waiting to find out exactly what needs to be done.
If he has to have a by-pass done (which is highly likely), the recovery period is 6 to 8 weeks. So all plans for leaving next Monday have gone out the window. At this time, we have no idea when we will be leaving.
The worst part of all this is going to be the heat. We only have one air conditioner in our fifth wheel and it really struggles when the temperatures reach 100.
Guess you need to get a couple of fans to help keep things tolerable. Hope everything goes smoothly.ReplyDelete
Mom and I are shopping for a portable air conditioner for her mobile home. When we find the best deal I'll let you know. So far she found one for $400 at Costco.ReplyDelete
Good news and bad news...sometimes it just seems to happen that way. So pleased and happy to hear the oncologist had good news!ReplyDelete
Congratulations on the good news from the oncologist. I'll be praying for Jim in regards to the blockage in his artery. Hang in there, Sandie!ReplyDelete
Wow, great high and a low on the same day. At least they found the blockage and can repair it before something more serious happens. Hope all goes well for Jim.ReplyDelete
The portable a/c idea would be a good thing to look into since it could be hooked up to the electric post in the 20amp space if you have one.
Great news from the oncologist! Answered prayer, once again. It looks like we both are going to spend our summer where we had not planned.ReplyDelete
Go get another air conditioner!
Prayers for him to get well soon...ReplyDelete
Happy to hear the great news from the oncologist. :) But sorry that it was followed up so quickly with news that wasn't so good. At least there is something that can be done to repair the issue.ReplyDelete
Maybe you can get a floor fan or two to circulate the cooler air from the a/c.
Do hope things don't get to hot there for you and that all goes well for Jim.ReplyDelete
We have a Soleus portable A/C unit that we've used for the Texas summers, they really help and are nice to have just in case your main unit goes out. Good Luck!ReplyDelete
well that stinks... here is to hoping temps remain milder this summerReplyDelete
I'm hoping it isn't as bad as first thought, and the bypass will be unnecessary. Then you can get to a cooler place for the summer! Good luck.ReplyDelete
So sorry to hear this news--I will hope for the best!!ReplyDelete
Talk about mixed blessings. Somehow I have the feeling that everything is going to come out alright. Meanwhile you wait. Give the girls some extra hugs today.ReplyDelete
You are amazing for putting up with that heat. I agree, get a portable A/C unit. Your sanity is worth it.
Good and bad news. Isn't that always the way. Could he maybe recover in Flagstaff and drive down for appointments?ReplyDelete
You'll get over this speed bump and handle it with your usual positive attitudes. Even with the heat. Maybe one of those portable a/c units from Home Depot or Lowes will help out? I've considered them in I was in a long term very hot area.ReplyDelete
Talk about a good news/bad news day. It's hard to know whether to celebrate or cry. Probably both.ReplyDelete
Great news about the heart! So sorry to hear about Jim's leg issue. We will be keeping you two in our prayers!ReplyDelete
Would a box fan of some sort help?
Oh Sandie.....life certainly does happen. Hopefully this little glitch will sort itself out and you guys will be on your way again and be able to leave this heat eventually.jReplyDelete
Glad the news from the medical profession was positive.ReplyDelete
So happy the oncologist report was good. And sorry about the leg issue, but if he's had it in the other leg, once this one is fixed Jim will be good to go.ReplyDelete
I was also wondering if Jim could recover elsewhere once the surgery is done. I guess he does the driving, though, and that's probably a no-no during recovery?
Oh no, Sandie! I'm glad the doctor found the problem but not happy the problem is there in the first place. Heat can be a problem in Arizona. The good news was from the oncologist. I'm so glad that came through.ReplyDelete
sorry to hear this news. Hope they can fix the problem and by pass the 6-8 weeks recovery. If not I would buy a small a/c unit to help with the heat. We know that isn't any fun around these parts.ReplyDelete
Good news yay! Other news, boo. Maybe you can find a place to stay (private park?) that has a cover over your rv? It makes a huge difference. Then you could get some shades/netting things that hang off the awning. I've seen some that you can use on the other sides of the rv that you can use Velcro with? I've also seen people use those bamboo type things too.ReplyDelete
Good news and some bad. I sure everything works out!!ReplyDelete
maybe you can get a home floor AC that you can put the exhaust out a window. I have seen them at Lowes for about $300. Good luck!ReplyDelete
I'm so sorry Jim has another problem. Hopefully it will be minimal and you won't have to stay thru the hot summer. We will be thinking about him and let us know what happens.ReplyDelete