Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Catch Up Time

Apache Junction, AZ  High 72  Low 47

Is it possible to forget HOW to blog? I think that is what has happened to me. We’ve been busy but when we get home, I forget to sit down and write about it. I also haven’t taken very many pictures. My sometimers is becoming more of an alltimers.

So I’m going to try and catch up.

Sunday we were invited over to Steve’s place for a Hanukkah dinner. Steve fixed brisket and latkes along with cauliflower, broccoli, asparagus, and lots of munchies. We had a great time, meeting some new people and eating. Steve is heading out for Congress, AZ this week-end so it was a see ya on the road party also.

I took a couple of pictures but Steve isn’t in any of them. I did get a great picture of Jin though. Isn’t he beautiful?

P1020034

P1020030

Dianna still hasn’t given up trying to make me not take her picture. I tell her, no matter what they look like, they go on the blog.

P1020033

Monday night we went with Mickey and Ginny to the Mining Camp Restaurant. The McNasty Brothers perform after a great dinner of ham, ribs, chicken, dressing, potatoes, cole slaw, baked beans and home baked rolls.

P1020035

The Mining Camp Restaurant is right at the base of the Superstition Mountains. You can never have too many pictures of these beautiful mountains.

mining camp 

P1020040

P1020038

Lots of old rusty stuff in their yard.

P1020043

P1020044

 

 

 

 

 

 

These are the McNasty Brothers. They put on a really enjoyable show with great music and stupid jokes.

P1020037

Now, I want you to look closely at this picture and see if you can spot the problem.

P1020036

See all those empty tables. The rest of the restaurant was also empty. That’s right. It was just the four of us. We had the entire performance to ourselves. Rather strange. But we still had a wonderful time.

Today we took Aunt Happy to the doctor. She is doing really good and has an appointment with the nose doctor next Monday. Her doctor told her to take a baby aspirin instead of the Plavix so hopefully that will stop her nose bleeds.

This afternoon  Rod and Loyce came by and we threw some hamburgers on the grill. Had us a great visit. They are leaving on Friday to go to Kansas City for Christmas. Once again, the camera was in the house and could not find it’s way into my hands.

And that’s life at the Dixon’s house.

15 comments:

  1. Hi Sandie...just stopping by to say hi and see how you two are doing. Glad to see Jim is better and you are back to having fun. The pics you share are wonderful today....we have not been to this spot...but we plan on going....it sounds like loads of fun.

    xo

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't been very good at taking pictures and blogging either. I rush to blog something but not taking the time. The last time we were at the Mining Camp we were the only ones there too. It is such a nice unique place to go. I can't figure out why it's not more popular especially at this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to see you guy's busy and having fun again. Nice that you got to meet up with Rod and Loyce again, we never have had the chance to meet them but they sure are a great couple to be around.
    Keep having fun and hope we can cross paths sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like fun and it is always nice to be busy, just don't forget to bring your blog family along:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for tonight's blog. Looks like you are having a great time. We are being blown away here in Sioux City.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought I recognized JIn! I follow them on facebook.
    Glad you guys are having fun!
    Sometimes I really don't want to blog anymore but I'd ahte to give it up. I enjoy reading everyone elses!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with Sue. I also recognized Jin--from the forum, though, not Facebook. I need to get another blog up one of these days, too. We get too busy living sometimes and other times we just don't think we have anything left to say. I have a picture in my camera I need to download but it won't happen tonight and maybe not tomorrow given the things already planned for then.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok, I want to go to the mining camp restaurant the next time we get together...... And its my treat because you put on such a nice lunch today.....!! And for the rest of you folks that haven't had the pleasure, Jim and Sandie are some of the nicest people we have met while on the road.....

    ReplyDelete
  9. sounds like a good life to me! and see?, you didn't forget how to blog!..and yes, Rod and Loyce, Jim and Sandie are very special, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I too love the Superstition Mtns. Not many mountains down here in Texas!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You certainly have been busy! Glad you brought us up to date. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Are you sure you didn't scare everyone off from the Mining Camp? ;c)

    Glad all is going well, we'll forgive you for SB (Sometimes Blogging).

    ReplyDelete
  13. rats ... I have got to see all these pictures on my laptop not my little iPhone screen... what fun! the weather is so cold that it will be a good time to go to a library and catch up on stuff....

    Arizona Opry... love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. We find it hard to blog when we are at one place for an extended time especially with some medical issues just like you guys. An update now and then will be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So happy to hear you and Jim are getting out and about. He must be feeling better.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today. I look forward to reading your comments. Have a beautiful day.