Thursday, June 28, 2012

RELAXING

Okay, now that the wedding is over with, I am not going to have anything to blog about.

Being in that heat all day for the wedding was really, really hard on Jim. So Monday, we took the day off. Didn’t answer our phones, didn’t go anywhere or do anything. Well, we did watch the kids open some of their wedding gifts. But that was it. Jim slept a lot and worked on getting his strength back.

Tuesday morning at 8:00, I had an eye doctor appointment. Prescription changed a little bit but not enough for me to have to get new glasses. See him again in a year.

Got home and let Jim take another nap. I talked to a couple of people and actually did a couple loads of laundry. That was it for Tuesday.

Wednesday, we had doctor appointments. We both came out with great reviews. Both of us have lost weight, Jim more than me, of course. His blood sugar was too good so they cut back on one of his diabetes medicines. That is always a good thing. All of our blood work came back with really good results. I don’t need to return for a year. Jim has doctor appointments in September in Arizona for follow up on the cancer. 

I have a colonoscopy scheduled for Monday. I am so thrilled. NOT! But at least I can use the half-lightly stuff. I take a pill and then only have to drink half the gallon of liquid stuff. I don’t mind the procedure. I usually sleep through it. But the prep is not my favorite thing.

When Jim took Scooter out before going to bed, she spotted a couple of deer wandering through our neighborhood. Jim came and got me and we watched these two pretty does feasting on our neighbors garden. A perfect way to end our evening.

16 comments:

  1. Glad you two are getting some rest. Good luck with the colonoscopy. I asked about pills and was told they no longer use them because they were too hard on the kidneys. Is this something new? Sounds good to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You two deserve to relax for several days. What a big wonderful day you all had.
    Great news about the doctor appointments. We all could lose some weight!
    Hate the prep but I am like you...sleep right through it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear all is well in the medical department....a colonoscopy....oh goodie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lucky you!..what an event you have planned!..one colonscopy!!..I bet you can hardly wait!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's not something most look forward to but it sure saved Terry's life!! Knowing you once you rest up a bit you'll be getting anxious to head some place else so you probably need to rest while you can.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Doctors and tests are a necessary evil I suppose. It never hurts to rest up a bit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Keep on resting up! I'm happy for your good news on the blood tests, etc. You're right, the prep for the colonoscopy is the worst part.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you two were able to get some good rest, great news on your test results and make sure you give yourself extra time to consume allthose go lightly...I didn't and it was a chore trying to get it all down before heading off to the procedure. Hope all goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had to rest up from reading all your wedding posts. Tired me out and I wasn't even there! :c)

    Good luck on the prep, it was a traumatic experence for me, failed the first time and had to do it again...the prep, not the proceedure. Yuk!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've had a very hectic, busy but enjoyable week. Time to take it easy and rest up for a bit sounds like a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I thought you looked like you had lost weight in your "wedding" dress! Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Eww, never look forward to those tests that you can't study for....... Especially when there is that prep involved... Its he!! being over minimum age isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  13. If it were me I would do absolutely nothing. That procedure been there, done that, but I had to drink a full gallon of that stuff. I had an endoscopy at the same time, they put me completely out.
    Keep on resting and stay cool

    ReplyDelete
  14. After the heat and all the activity we would take a month off

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations,we both wish you and the young couple to enjoy each other everyday .
    Collonscopia- no big deal ,have done it every 3 years.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good luck with your procedure!! Have you had this done before? Me, only once and also Bill. I'm hoping NO MORE for me!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today. I look forward to reading your comments. Have a beautiful day.