Wednesday, July 11, 2012

WHITE SANDY

Helena, MT   High 89  Low 57

My internet connection is really lousy so I’m having a hard time reading blogs (pictures don’t want to load) and commenting (I keep getting disconnected when I try to publish my comment).

Uploading a blog post is a real challenge. Takes me several hours and I get extremely frustrated. I just want you all to know that I am trying to keep up with you and if you don’t see me comment it’s because I can’t, not because I don’t want to.

As we pulled into our spot here in Helena, Jim got a code from the computer on the truck. Into the shop it went. There was some kind of valve that needed to be replaced. Under warranty!! Yippee!

IMG_5399

When Jim got home I asked him if he wanted to take a ride out to Hauser Lake to see if we could find Dana and Vaughn who are camp hosting at White Sandy Recreational Area.

IMG_5401

They were busy working with the sprinklers but took time out to visit with us for awhile. Jim and Vaughn could talk fishing for hours. Dana and I could care less about the fishing.

IMG_5402

Beautiful campground right on Hauser Lake. This is BLM land and there aren’t any hookups but a great place to camp. Especially since it’s only $5 a night with the America The Beautiful Pass.

Returning back to Helena (about 15 miles) we came up Green Meadow Drive where we could see the damage the fire had done. All the black you see in the picture below is burnt land. The fire came really close to many homes but I think only four were lost. Great work done by the fire fighters.

IMG_5405

Jim went fishing today at Canyon Ferry. No catching but he had a great time and that is what it’s all about.

10 comments:

  1. I certainly know what you mean about poor internet. We struggle with it mainly on the weekends but it's not great during the week either. After two or three tries I can usually get a post up. If not, I try again later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm having problems with blogger. It does not want to publish all my post. I am happy that Jim was able to go fishing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For having all those problems posting, this one turned out super.
    Very glad that Jim is out there on the water again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jim & Sandy, I am enjoying following your blog..and truly enjoy the pics. Really looking forward to the day I too, become 'mobil' as we are currently just parked (since 10/1/11) but we are RVing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so sad to see all the fire damages... but soon it should green up again with new growth.

    YAY on the warrenty work being covered on the bad code alert!

    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Karen and Steve
    (Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, do you want me to tell Jim about the fishing here? Even shore fishing are catching their limits. I am sitting right now looking out at the lake and watching the fish jump. Some big enough to "flash" me. And honestly, that's no fish story.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fishing...ugh! I need Jim to give me some pointers. All I've ever caught was my butt trying to learn to cast. I got the point that I was doing it wrong... ;c)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay, Jim is fishing again! Yay for being covered by warranty! Yay for meeting up with RVing friends even if they are too busy for a good visit. I'm so glad things are going better for you two.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Count us as also having trouble with blogger posting and commenting, as a result we are a day or two behind reading

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today. I look forward to reading your comments. Have a beautiful day.