Tuesday, July 31, 2012

QUICK UPDATE

Kalispell, MT    High 88  Low 52

Scooter is definitely better today. In fact, she let me know in no uncertain terms that she did not appreciate not being fed. She got to eat some egg for breakfast this morning and seems to be doing just fine. She also went for a ride with Dad and I think that was the best medicine ever.

David – the doctors have diagnosed him with Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome. No cure, but they are trying to come up with a drug combination that will ease some of his symptoms. Reading about it on the internet, I learned that it can be very debilitating for days on end. He will need to learn to live with the problem and keep a journal to determine what his triggers are. But it is so wonderful to at least have a name for what is wrong.

Now back to enjoying this almost perfect weather.

16 comments:

  1. Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome certainly sounds rough. Hopefully David can figure out what foods to eat. He'll be learning about food in fairly short order I'd imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im glad Scooter is feeling better. I looked that up cause I never heard of it. Looks like it can be treated well. Maybe the heat? Doggie rides with Dad always make a pup happy ....right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad Scooter is better. Hopefully journaling will help David learn what triggers to avoid; I would be highly motivated to do so.

    ReplyDelete
  4. glad to hear that Scooter's problem now has a name..hope she feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to hear that Scooter is better, and that they were able to determine what was wrong with David. Hopefully they find some med's to ease the symptoms.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh dear. That name makes it sound so scarey. Hope you can pinpoint what the triggers are.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry to hear about David's illness, but you're right, at least now that he has been diagnosed, he can begin to learn how to handle the disease. I'm glad to hear that Scooter is on the mend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to hear the good news about Scooter. It seems like I'm hearing about so many folks suffering with debilitating illnesses. We're lucky if we can hold on to relatively good health.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad that Scooter is okay and back to normal. Poor David. That has to be draining, but as you said at least they have a name for it.

    I hope he finds the trigger and can get some relief.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yuck. Don't think I'd like that disease at all.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy to hear Scooter is feeling normal again, now back to spoiling her! ;c)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad to hear they at least know what David has. That's a step in the right direction. Also, glad that Scooter is back to feeling like she should.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Don't think I'd like that disease but I suppose it's better than some. Good luck managing it David.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Luci is at doggie camp while we tour the UP of Michigan & i miss her SO much, was good to see to see your 'girls'

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope the vet is right. Get well soon Scooter!

    Parker is nearly 100%. Just sayin'

    ReplyDelete
  16. Glad Scooter is feeling better and I hope David finds a way to manage his symptoms. That does not sound like fun.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today. I look forward to reading your comments. Have a beautiful day.