Friday, June 21, 2013

Thank You Rick

Billings, MT  High  68   Low 52

Jim finally gave up on Live Writer. I gave up two days ago. So I sent an e-mail to Rick.

Here’s come our computer knight on his white horse. I let him take control of my computer and whal-la, I now have Live Writer.

We’re still in Billings because of the computer. We planned on leaving tomorrow but the weatherman says there is a 90% chance of storms tomorrow. However, he’s been wrong all week. If it’s storming, we’ll stay put until Sunday. If not, we’re headed to Helena tomorrow.

Had dinner with Judy and Gary one night. Took the camera, but no pictures. We’re still trying to convince them they need to come south with their motorhome for at least a month this winter.

Jan and Bill came through town and stopped to join us for lunch. Took the camera, but no pictures. They were headed down to Wyoming on their way to Escapade.

Haven’t got all my pictures moved over to the new computer yet. Still a lot of stuff to figure out.

Thanks again Rick.

11 comments:

  1. Getting a new computer is absolutely no fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all appreciate Rick and his willingness to help. Not too often can you get professional help for free LOL!! Such a deal. Good luck with the weather and your travels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Computer issues are certainly no fun - I hope everything gets resolved...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rick has helped me a couple of times also. He's one of the good guys, and especially now he has a grandson named Mason.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a good thing Rick is retired, otherwise he might not have time for us when we get in techie trouble. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rick is a wonderful guy and a great computer weenie. Don't let him know I said so, it might improve my standing with him... ;c)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Why do you take the camera if you aren't going to take any pictures? lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Guess I haven't checked in in awhile...how'd you break your ankle?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't imagine doing a Blog without Live Writer anymore. It's so much easier to do.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Computers are such wonderful things, except when they aren't. A bunch of us seem to be having issues lately. Thank goodness I have mine back, and its working fine. Good luck with your new one. I didn't like Windows 8 at first, but I'm getting used to it, and have found ways to get around the little issues that were bugging me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aren't we fortunate to "know" Rick. Always so pleasant and helpful…and a darn good gramma and gramps he and Paulette make!

    Ah, you make me jealous…sure wish I was out west.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today. I look forward to reading your comments. Have a beautiful day.