Thursday, June 27, 2013

Our Helena Spot

Helena, MT    High 85  Low 55

We are really lucky because when we’re in Helena we have the best spot ever to park our rig. My brother-in-law owns this lot and his Mom (when she was alive) used to have a mobile home on it. That means there is electric, water and sewer already set up. Jim had to do a little tweaking to make it work for the RV but not much.

P1060058

My sister and her hubby live just around the corner on the next lot. We are on the northwestern edge of Helena on the road to Missoula. We are sitting right above the highway so there is a lot of road noise. However, after almost five years on the road, neither one of us is bothered by that. Don’t even notice it most of the time.

P1060052

Gorgeous views.

P1060049

Lots of critter hunting.

P1060054

This pen (which is across the road) is used for rescued bears. There aren’t any in there right now. Sure would love to see some of them sitting on these poles.

P1060061

I’m tired – leave me alone.

P1060047

Jim has been fishing and is a very happy man. Scooter gets to hunt, Skittlez gets to be inside sleeping, I’m reading and relaxing. The weather has been perfect – some rain but not horrible storms. We are going to be about 10 degrees above normal by this week-end but that’s only in the 90’s so I can handle that.

Not going to be much to blog about for awhile. I am finally getting caught back up on blog reading. Still hate Windows 8 but it’s not fighting me quite as much. Guess that’s progress.

P1060059

Have a great day.

25 comments:

  1. Sounds like the perfect life -- for a few summer days. How fortunate to have your own spot in such a fine State of Montana!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you have found your little piece of heaven on earth. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the update and pictures. Will you be in Helena all summer?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a great spot and everyone seems to be a happy camper so what else is needed?! Enjoy your time there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Montana looks like a great place to hang out, especially when the temps get back to normal. I've been considering spending the hot months up that way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so lucky to be able to spend time in such a beautiful spot for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well go ahead and update to windows 8.1... They say its easier.... But I haven't done it yet... But I'm sure its only a matter of time... Supposedly they have addressed a lot of complaints about the lack of intuitive qualities of 8.0.. But if you hate it, don't blame me..... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've got to tell you that's a tough life you are leading. Continued good roughing in.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks beautiful! I could use some of those cool temps about now...102 here yesterday ~ LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sandie, sounds like a great time to relax for you and Jim. I'm with Skittlez..snoozing sounds good. What does Scooter hunt or don't I want to know?

    ReplyDelete
  11. How great that you are so close to your sister...makes for a nice visit. I love the puppy pictures today. Isn't it funny how different their personalities can be? So glad Jim is getting some fishing in...that makes for a happy hubby I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  12. blue blue sky ~ green green grass and floppy eared dawgs ... ahhhhh

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful! Must be nice to be settled, near family, and have good weather.

    I hesitate to post this, but Windows 8 was a real PITA for me until I got a Windows Shell. It brings you the old "look" of Windows 7 and makes it really easy to use again. It's free on-line, and I'll give you the link in case you want to try it. You might want to check with Rick to see if it's "okay" to use with no issues, but it's worked fine for me.

    http://www.classicshell.net/

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is an awesome spot! And what a great price, too! :c)

    Some days the planets align in your favor. Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's good to have things go right for once. Happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for giving me some visuals of your neck of the woods. Now I'll remember them for the rest of your summer posts.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You look like you have a great spot. No one is too close and yet you're not far from folks you know.

    ReplyDelete
  18. looks like a great spot to stay for a while! enjoy yourselves!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I you really want to make Windows 8 look just like Windows 7, you can do it by downloading and installing this program:

    Classic Start 8

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your spot looks wonderful.

    I'm so glad when I ordered my new computer I made sure I got Windows 7. I've heard nothing but complaints re Windows 8 so I'm very happy not to have to deal with it. Just wouldn't have the patience.

    ReplyDelete
  21. The only way that spot could be better would be if it had room service! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Perfect site, something for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Jim & Sandie,

    You asked if we were camped at the Tom Johnson Campground near the Charlotte Motor Speedway. No, we are camped at a small campground across the street from the Speedway. They only have a few sites and don't advertise, so except for race weeks, we can get a site here. It's handy for visiting our children in the area and has shade trees and full hookups. Perfect for our needs.

    ReplyDelete
  24. If you get a chance, I'd appreciate your thoughts on my post for today.

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a great spot. You'll have to post pictures of the bears when they get some. I'm sure they will as bears now wander into town frequently.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today. I look forward to reading your comments. Have a beautiful day.