Sunday, June 16, 2013

Storms Change Our Plans

Sheridan, WY  High 70  Low 42

Slight change in our plans. We had originally said we would be pulling into Billings on Friday. Well, the weather decided otherwise.

The street to our son’s house is completely torn up for construction and it’s been RAINING. That means a whole lot of mud. We figured we’d spend an extra day in Sheridan and then get into Billings on Saturday which is supposed to be nice and sunny.

The Big Horn Mountains still have snow on them.

P1060006

Or really low lying clouds.

P1060008

We are at Peter D’s RV Park. A great park – lots of grass with level pull-throughs. Probably the most pet-friendly park ever. Huge fenced dog run and acres of unfenced area for dogs to run that know how to behave themselves.

We set up and then the storm blew in.

P1060011

P1060014

Wind, rain and hail. Very happy that the hail wasn’t big enough to do much damage. The skies cleared and all was quiet. UNTIL the middle of the night. 50 mph winds. Not a whole lot of sleep for me but Jim didn’t hear a thing. I do not understand (and it certainly isn’t fair) how most men can just go to sleep and nothing disturbs them. No storm – just wind.

This dude is just hanging out on one of the corners in downtown Sheridan.

P1060016

Got some laundry done and we’re enjoying beautiful, calm skies. To Billings on Saturday.

P1060020

22 comments:

  1. That is some sunset!!!! lots of color.. glad you have a good place to weather the storm...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh to be where I can even see snow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandi Joe is like that. can seep through anything! Love the sunset

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a good thing you changed your plans. It's certainly no fun trying to drive through a street that's all torn up and then having to clean all the mud off of it. At least I wouldn't think it would be and have no intention of finding out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love pictures of the sky! ... love the clouds ... even when they are threatening to do me in ... they are still pretty .. scary but pretty.. NATURE! and gorgeous sunset and

    omg....

    snow? ahhhhhh I remember last year. I was cold. now I've got air conditioners and fans and a spray misty bottle to help me stay alive in this HEAT! and it hasn't even hit triple digits ... yet...

    I ended up staying places that I wouldn't have because of weather. not a bad thing. I will not drive in weather that threatens.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful sky photos. Don't like all that hail business either & I think it's no fair how some folks can sleep through anything! 70's? Oh how wonderful. 95 here today. :-/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those Montana/Wyoming storms can be pretty nasty. We have our fair share of experience there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm gonna store that RV park in my memory--we are always looking for somewhere to stay close to Billings (I refuse to pay Billings prices) when we come home. I'm the one who can sleep through storms, wind but I'm the one who has trouble falling asleep. Mike can fall asleep BEFORE his head hits the pillow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Paul falls asleep while I am talking to him...wonder what that says about my company?

    ReplyDelete
  10. We will definitely put Peter Ds RV park in the book! We are always looking for great places for the pups...that was one beautiful sunset...so much color!

    Hope you are in Billings and had a nice reunion with family!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Our thunderstorm left everything fresh. Even smells fresh. It's 6:30 am Monday and the park is awash with sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Didn't know you were in Sheridan too - that was some hail. We
    had it 3 days in a row!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those are some amazing pictures of those angry clouds. Hail storms are a fear of mine, I've heard of many RVs damaged by hail. It's hard enough to keep your RV safe from Murphy without Mother Nature joining in! ;c)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What's with Sheridan? Diana was there awhile ago and now you are experiencing hail and wind too. Maybe we should avoid it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I suspect most women sleep as soundly as most men until they have a child. Then we develop mother's ears. Undeveloping that appears to be a severe challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's a scary looking sky. I'm glad you didn't get anything too severe. I don't sleep if there is a storm either....and usually I make sure Al doesn't either. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice looking RV park. Your sky photo is really awesome. Sure glad the hail didn't do any damage.

    ReplyDelete
  18. weather does have that ability to make us make changes, we do stay flexible, now don't we?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Park has been added, great sunset photo.

    ReplyDelete
  20. A tornado went through here while I was in New York. I think it changed a lot of people's plans and the scenery forever. I was fortunate, and so was my daughter. There are people next door with two little girls who don't have a basement. My first thought was of them. I took a key over and told them in the event of bad weather to run over to my house even if I'm not home and hide under the stairs in my basement.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today. I look forward to reading your comments. Have a beautiful day.