Saturday, October 22, 2011

FRUSTRATED!!!

I really want to like all this new stuff but I spend so much of my time frustrated by it that I’d love to just throw it all out the window.

On Tuesday we went to the Verizon store to make me the primary account holder on our phones. Sounds easy enough. Just transfer our account from Jim’s name to mine. Wrong. It took the guys at Verizon over two (TWO) hours to get the job done. Normally, I would just say forget it but with my name as primary on the account we qualify for a discount. Being a retired Federal employee is the qualifier for us. But I have to be primary. We finally got that finished and then I had to come home and set up a whole new account on line.

myfi That’s when I had my next issue – our wifi has not been working well at all since we got back to Apache Junction. We just got it when we were in Gillette in September and on our way south I used mainly campgrounds wifi. When I tried to get the new Verizon account set up, I kept getting knocked off and then got the message “Server Not Found”. I really do hate those words.

Back to Verizon Friday with the wifi. Guess there’s an update that they need to do. It’s going to take over an hour so we left the device with them and headed out to try and fix my next problem.

nook I bought a Nook e-reader. I was so excited to get home and start downloading books. Guess what. Can’t get anything to download. I tried for two days to get it work. Jeri tried to help me with it and we didn’t get anywhere. So after dropping off the wifi we headed back to Barnes and Noble. Seems the guy who sold it to me forgot to tell me a couple of very important steps, i.e. Refresh, and that I could actually shop directly from the Nook. Sounds so simple but when you’re as technically challenged as I am, not simple. Just frustrating.

Went back to Verizon, picked up the wifi and came home and downloaded books. Finally.

14 comments:

  1. The good thing is that those frustrations are now behind you. Things should be great! Hopefully, the next frustrations will at least wait for a bit before they show up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All new techie stuff is hard for me, at first. Then I get it all figured out and it's time to upgrade.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I 'hate' when things don't work!..drives me crazy!!!..glad you got your Nook to work!!..I had some trouble with my 'Kobo' the last time I tried to download a couple of books..took forever!!..darn modern techno crappola!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh gawd Sandie I sure know what you mean with all this 'new' stuff.

    Technology passed me like a speeding bullet years ago !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel for you Sandie. It seems like anytime I try something new my computer gets "broken." Very frustrating for me and Marsha! Luckily Marsha is able to help me out but it seems like she's in the middle of doing something when I get stuck! Without her, my computer would be sitting in the yard outside my window...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some days the stars are misaligned and everything technical I touch seems to go bad. Carry on. (I have to smile each time I open your blog and see those two cuties lookin at me)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think this is why I have the simplelest computer...forget about my wireless printer..not even going there!...still have my original digital camera..4mega pixels..Ha!..less than a cell phone..which i don't have...you get the picture...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love having Dave to figure out and solve all my electronic glitches. But I may keep my dumb phone--it still works after ten years or so.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I feel your pain. I have wanted to change Roger to primary on Verizon, but knew it would be such a hassle that I still haven't done it. I love all the snazzy electronics but they can drive a person crazy at first. Will soon get the new iPhone 4S and already anticipating the stress of changing phones. Glad you got everything worked out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH MY...I feel for you. Even though Paul thinks he is the only one that has problems, I do too BUT I usually can figure the solution out before it gets me frustrated. Hope your WIFI works now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dontcha just love high tech? Me neither.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I look at the techie stuff as a big puzzle much like those 1000 piece jobs you see on the laundry tables in the RV parks. Your just not going to knock it out in a day or two. Ya gotta look at it for several hours and sooner or later you find some of the pieces. I try not to let it frustrate me, because that is what they intended when they made the dam#*d thing in the first place........

    ReplyDelete
  13. For what it is worth, we avoid the Verizon store at all costs. We try to go to Best Buy which has access to the accounts. We have them do all our stuff. This is usually when we get new equipment and not sure of they will just access account without selling something. By using them, we have not had to be in a Verizon store in years.

    For just account info, we us the online account access.

    ReplyDelete
  14. and it's all supposed to make our lives easier, right?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today. I look forward to reading your comments. Have a beautiful day.