Saturday, September 7, 2024

How Did I End Up in Egypt?

 Alamo, NV   High 93  Low 69

After the easy drive through SLC, I had another decision to make. Did I want to follow the interstate or wander just a little. I decided to wander. On my way north I drove Highway 93 through Nevada until I turned east to go to Utah. I took the same route going south and I had a reason for that choice. 

I had found a roadside attraction that I really wanted to stop and see but I totally missed it on my way north. So this time I was going to make sure I found it. 

I decided to spend the night in Alamo, NV at the Sunset View Inn. This is a very unique motel which is to be expected when you are near the Extraterrestrial Highway. 

 

It's a very small motel and each room has a different theme. I spent the night in the Egyptian Room. I didn't get to see any of the other rooms, so I don't know what other themes are available.  


 I got the Egyptian Room. 


 


 

The bathroom door

The Bathroom


The light switch covers


Even though the motel is right on Highway 93,  I slept well but was ready to move on early the next morning. The closer I get to home, the faster I want to get there. But I had another unique stop to make first. See you in the next post. 

3 comments:

  1. I tried looking the Sunset View on-line but it doesn't say how many rooms it has.
    Be Safe and Enjoy the adventure.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting - I've never heard of a motel with themed rooms before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it!!!! Though that bedspread is a little scary!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today. I look forward to reading your comments. Have a beautiful day.