Tuesday, September 17, 2024

Home Sweet Home

Apache Junction, AZ   High 108  Low 85

I have been home for a few weeks now but have one more post to make for my summer adventures.

I hate driving through Las Vegas so, even though it's longer, I take the road through Valley of Fire State Park and then around Lake Mead to Boulder City. The road is longer but has very little traffic and some beautiful desert scenery. A really enjoyable drive. I made this drive last year and took hundreds of pictures so I only have a few to post this year. Well, maybe more than a few.

Valley of Fire

Saw this guy and a couple of his girls on my way into the park.


 


 








This herd was greeting everyone at the visitor's center. There was so much traffic, there was no way to get a decent photo.

 




Lake Mead - the lake is still really low. We could sure use some rain.


I spent my last night on the road in Parker, AZ.  I headed out early Tuesday morning and Daisy heaved a sigh of relief when I pulled her into the carport. 

Everything seemed to be work well especially the air conditioners for which I was truly grateful. Melva fixed dinner for me and I slid into my recliner and smiled.

The smile stuck around until I discovered my water connection was leaking at my water softener set up. I couldn't fix it, so I called Reid and he immediately came down and took about ten minutes to take care of it. And people wonder why I love living in this park. 


The smile is back and I've settled back into the routine of life. So you won't get too many posts from me for awhile.  

A sunset to welcome me home.


 

4 comments:

  1. That is the best route to take through Las Vegas, takes a bit longer but it's worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you got home safely and I enjoyed following along on your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a great trip. It really is nice to be home!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to your final trip adventures.
    As the saying goes, "There's no place like Home".
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today. I look forward to reading your comments. Have a beautiful day.