Monday, December 13, 2010

IT’S A SMALL WORLD

We need to have some recall work done on our motor home chassis and Jim wanted the work done by a Chevy dealer. The closest one we could find is in Deer Valley, AZ which is about 55 miles from Apache Junction. The dealership wanted us to bring the rig in around 7:00 or 7:30 Tuesday morning. Do you have any idea what rush hour traffic is like around here at that time of the morning?

We decided to drive up Monday afternoon and found a Passport America campground for $20 only 4 miles from the dealership.  Tonight we are at the Desert Sands RV Park. Jim and I were headed out to the truck to go to dinner and a guy walking his dog stops to say hi. He then notices our Denny Menholt sticker on the truck and asks if we bought the truck in Billings, MT.

Jim tells him that he used to work for Denny and the guy goes on to say that he went to college in Billings. Then Jim mentions that I was born and raised in Sidney, MT. This man used to teach high school in Sidney and was the football coach. He asked what my maiden name was and then he wanted to know if Bubbles was my brother. Come to find out – Bubbles is my brother Rob. That was his nickname on the football team. My brother is almost ten years younger than I am and Tom didn’t teach at the high school when I was there. We visited with Tom for awhile and he tells me to tell Rob hi the next time I talk to him. Since today is his birthday I was going to call him anyhow. How fun it was to wish happy birthday to Bubbles.

What a small, small world.

5 comments:

  1. It is indeed a small world.

    Your brother might be a little surprised to hear you calling him Bubbles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right what a small world it is. It's amazing who you can run into. Matter of fact, it's so amazing. We showed up in town and you left! Hmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it amazing when things happen like that. Half way across the country and you meet someone you have a connection to! Crazy that it happens sooo often!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a GREAT story! Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't you love hearing those stories about your family that you then get to tease them with?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today. I look forward to reading your comments. Have a beautiful day.