Sunday, December 5, 2010

I HATE FLYING

And I’m not even the one who is flying this year. It’s Jim. He needed to go back to Billings, MT for a couple of doctor appointments. Nothing serious – just that the doctor wants to see him more than once a year. And we haven’t taken the time to find a doctor here in AZ. I can guarantee you that after today we will be finding that doctor real quick.

airport1 I took Jim to the Mesa airport at 3:00 cause his flight was supposed to leave at 4:20. When we got there the line was miles long and after we had been in it about ten minutes they announced they wanted all Billings passengers to the front of the line. We get Jim checked in and I walk with him down to security. At that point, I left to go back home and wait for him to call me from Billings about 6:30.

About 5:15 my phone rings and he tells me that they are just getting ready to take off. Not sure why the plane was late but he’s headed out to the plane. Okay – he’ll call me about 7:30 when he gets to Billings. About 7:00 the phone rings. He’s landed – in MESA!!!!Something about too much fog in Billings to land. Not sure what they are going to do. Are they going to cancel the flight or try again? About 7:40 I get another call. Looks like they are going to try again to get to Billings.

airport If they can’t get to Billings they will divert to someplace else in MT. The problem with that is MT is huge and getting from anyplace else back to Billings in the winter could be a real headache. But he can always come back to Mesa. So they took off about 8:00 and hopefully I’ll hear from him from Billings about 10:00. I’ll let you know.

10:22 p.m. Jim just called and this time he actually made it to Billings. No fog that he can see. I’m just glad he’s there and now I can go to bed and get some sleep.

Goodnight everyone.

11 comments:

  1. Oh brother, what a stressful flight (for both of you). Glad that he made it all right and hope his flight back is easy going.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oy. I had just had a wonderful experience flying out of Burbank, a small and efficient airport just north of LA. So sorry you had to go through that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We hope all good well with his appointments and his trip back is less eventful!!! Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad Jim finally made it, and you got some sleep. Airports and planes can be a real pain! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Flying certainly can be a zoo! At least he finally arrived safely. That's what counts. Now he only has to get back!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It would definitely be worth finding a doctor in Mesa!

    I hate flying too, but mostly for the lines, the waits, the uncertainty of whether you will get to your destination, etc. Now I either drive or take the train.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it's time for us to look for doctors somewhere south, too, as flying to Minnesota at this time of year would not be pleasant. I've managed to avoid flying for years. So far I haven't needed to go anywhere the car, RV, or train couldn't take me. I hope that continues to be the case.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my..what a day! We are flying home in Feb...and really dreading it already. Will be good to hear when Jim is back safe with you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow what a day! Glad Jim finally made it to Billings. I know you are relieved. Hope his trip back will be easier.

    ReplyDelete
  10. And here I thought only Newfoundland got that dreaded FOG !!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today. I look forward to reading your comments. Have a beautiful day.