AJ, AZ High 104 Low 84
I need to get this all typed up before I forget it.
We left the house at 4:30 this morning and got checked in at 5:25. It didn’t take long for them to take him up to pre-op prep. When he was all hooked up they took me up and we visited with the anesthesiologist , several doctors (interns?) who were learning how to check his pulse in his feet and mark the feet. They also checked out his lump and marked it all up with purple pens. Then the surgeon came in and went over everything one more time. At 7:30 they sent me back down to the waiting area and took him off to la-la land.
At 9:00 the surgeon came out to talk to me. Told me that Jim was doing really good and the lump turned out to be a seroma which is a collection of fluid that builds up under the surface of your skin. They form after a rather extensive extensive procedure where a lot of tissue is removed or disrupted. This happened back in 2012 when he had his femoral artery in his left leg operated on. The surgeon was able to clean it out and he put a drain in it which Jim will have for a week or so.
Then he did the angiogram to check out the right leg. This is where the BUT comes into play. There is a blockage in his groin area and it could not be fixed with a stent. It is going to require another surgery for him to clean it out and put a patch on it. That means that Jim is still going to have trouble walking. This is not an emergency situation so Jim and I will do some talking to figure out what we want to do.
Our options are to go ahead and head north after he heals from this surgery and then have the surgery when we get back, or to stay here and have the surgery. Our main problem is our driver’s licenses have to be renewed in South Dakota and winter is an issue if we get any later into the year.
It took forever to get him into a room so I finally got home at 2:30, ten hours later. Boy were the girls glad to see me. I had put puppy pads all over the floor so they were okay. Early to bed tonight.