Saturday, July 10, 2010

HELENA TIDBITS

Four more items of interest about Helena, MT.

gary cooper Gary Cooper was born and raised in Helena.

myrna-loy-80 Myrna Loy was also born and raised near Helena in Radarsburg, MT.

mt helenaNot every city can claim an entire mountain as a city park, but Helena can. Mount Helena City Park is 5,468 feet above sea level and is 620 acres, making it the second largest city park in the United States. It has six different hiking trails to the top.

charliepride15-280x336Charlie Pride spent a lot of his youth here and played baseball for the Helena Brewers, a semi-pro team. He also worked at the smelter and performed at a night club two nights a week.

And so ends our tour of Helena (at least for this visit). I hope you have enjoyed it half as much as I have.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the extra tidbits of Helena. Yes, I enjoyed my visit to Helena with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still surprised every time I pull up your blog and see those two adorable faces staring up at me. They are so cute and that is a great picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was looking for the "like" button- I guess I use Facebook too much...feels good to have internet access again and to check and see what everyone is up to! I am HOPING we make it to Montana this fall...I'll let you know if we do!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today. I look forward to reading your comments. Have a beautiful day.