Friday, December 25, 2009

CHRISTMAS

I don't usually post my thoughts in my blog but today I needed to say thanks to my Father in Heaven and my Savior, Jesus Christ.

Today was Christmas day and I was able to spend the entire day with my Dad at the nursing home. The staff did their best to make the place cheery but nursing homes are not what we think of as happy places. So many of the people here had no one to visit them on this day and for many it was just another day to get through.

It was also very lonely for me because this was the first Christmas I had ever spent away from Jim. Sitting with my Dad while he slept, gave me time to ponder on life and death and the true meaning of Christmas.

Christ was born so that He could be crucified so that each of us could have eternal life. Today we celebrate his birth. We rejoice in His great love and the even greater love of our Heavenly Father who sent His Son to earth for us.

The Christmas's we remember best are those we spend with loved ones. They are not about what presents we got or the food we ate or the clothes we wore. It is the love we felt. The pure love of Christ. What a truly wonderful gift we have each been given - our life here on earth with the opportunity to live eternally with our Father in Heaven.

My wish for this Christmas season is that I may closer follow in my Savior's footsteps and become more Christlike in my dealings with my fellow men and also the beautiful animal companions we have been given to cherish and love also.

My prayers are with all of you that you may be safe and know you are loved.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for writing that wonderful post. All too often we forget about the true meaning of Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today. I look forward to reading your comments. Have a beautiful day.