Friday, June 7, 2024

A Solution (hopefully) and an Update

 AJ, AZ  HOT HOT HOT

My last post I was in a quandary about what to do since Blog2Print was closing down and would no longer be available to turn my blog into a book. That was really hard for me because I have turned my blog into a book every year since I started blogging.

I received an e-mail from them letting me know that they are referring all their customers to https://intorealpages.com/. I went to their website and it appears to be very compatible with the way I made my books. I won't be using them until the end of the year, but I will give you a review at that time.

It's way too early for these temperatures. July and August will probably be really beastly. I know I'm not alone in suffering through this heat. The heat dome stretches over most of the western US. I'm hopefully going to be on my way to Montana by the middle of July. 

Haven't been doing much. Staying inside and trying to stay cool. I definitely don't want to see my power bill this summer. 

They (weather folks) are saying we may have a dryer monsoon this year. I sure hope we get rain. We can do without the storms but we need rain. Lots of fires showing up all over the state which means we will probably have a really bad fire season. 

We don't often have beautiful sunrises or sunsets during the summer because we have no clouds. But we have had a couple of really nice ones and I was lucky enough to see them before they quickly disappeared.

Sunset


Sunrise


We had one last potluck with about 20 people in attendance. Per usual, we had enough food to feed about triple that number but we sure had a good time. 


Those of us left get together on Tuesday mornings for a homemade treat and a chance to check in with everybody.

I've been having some issues with my right eye. Things look blurry through that eye even with glasses. I had a laser treatment on it a couple of days ago and have an appointment with the doctor next Tuesday. Hopefully that will make the difference and he can find a prescription that will work for me.

June is a wonderful month for my family. We have birthdays - Michaela, my brother-in-law Don, Sons Steve, David, and Todd.

We also have wedding anniversaries - Jimmy and Jenetta, Steve and Jen, Todd and Michaela. 

I am really looking forward to getting to Montana to see my sister and her hubby and hopefully other family members and lots of friends. I will also be glad to see Todd and Michaela, but this cutie has my heart.


Just a few more pictures. 😍







At the Renaissance Fair


 

Stay safe if you're under the heat dome.




 

5 comments:

  1. Excellent news that you're going to Montana. It has to be cooler there, right? Your grandson is adorable, what a smile he has. Hope your vision improves. My right eye got bad, turned out that I was over corrected on the contact lens prescription. So nice when it's simple. Stay cool if you can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is there a chance that you have Cataracts? They will distort your vision and is easier to fix then Laser.
    It looks like Montana is where your heart is and not just for the weather.
    Stay Safe and Enjoy staying cool.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, wow, i get to comment!!! That baby sure is cute!! and i am might;y impressed that you were up for sunrise and sunset!!!
    Yep we got to 86 today... got the fan out and Bri going to put my AC in tomorrow...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know how people survive living in the Southwest in the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you can take a small detour and visit us.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today. I look forward to reading your comments. Have a beautiful day.