Wednesday, December 23, 2020

The Christmas Star

AJ, AZ   High 71  Low 38

On December 21, 2020 Saturn and Jupiter aligned themselves in our night sky to create for the first time in almost 800 years a Christmas Star. 

Jim and I decided we wanted to experience this event and drove to a spot away from a lot of city lights. A lot of other folks had the same idea we did. Our cameras are not very sophisticated but I think Jim got a pretty good picture. It was an amazing experience.


 We also had another one of our gorgeous Arizona sunsets.



Can you find the star in the following picture?

 Another Jim project - our pantry door wasn't hung correctly and kept swinging shut when I wanted it open. We double and triple checked our level and that wasn't the problem. So Jim decided to fix the hinges. And he couldn't do it without the help of Skittlez.


 Christmas is going to be quiet at our house which is how it's been for years. Just Jim and I and Skitz. But we're having ham with creamed peas and potatoes. Now that is going to be perfect.

7 comments:

  1. Quiet at home is good. We are doing an instant replay of Thanksgiving with turkey sandwiches and pumpkin pie. We have much to celebrate this very odd year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I canceled all plans for Christmas as the virus is so bad here. My daughter will call when she is on her way and I will put all the food I planned to make and the gifts on the carport and they will leave mine. I'm so used to being alone it doesn't phase me one bit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you could experience the Christmas Star.
    Always something that needs adjusting. Glad Skitz could lend a paw.
    Wishing you all a Safe and Merry Christmas. This will be one we'll all remember.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's hard to accomplish much without some good dog help. Hope you guys have a joyous and safe Holiday Season and a Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merry Christmas to you both! Hope you had a special day.
    Not sure what I expected the Christmas Star to look like but it was not quite it but I am still glad we got to see it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today. I look forward to reading your comments. Have a beautiful day.