Thursday, May 28, 2020

Weather and Blogger Changes Again

AJ, AZ  - see below

Not much to blog about since my last post but I wanted to keep track of our weather for future reference. This is what our next week looks like.




Well, I am trying to create this post using the new blogger format that will be in effect later in June and I am already frustrated. So if it looks strange, blame blogger.  Right now it is centering everything I type and I don't know how to stop it. Any help is appreciated.

Jim has still been working on things on the Bungalow. One of the things he needed to do was to hook up trailer lights for towing the boat behind the Bungalow. Even though it is not legal to tow a boat behind a travel trailer in most states, it is legal in Montana if done correctly.  It is legal to tow behind a fifth wheel in several states, especially in the West,  but with length restrictions. We don't plan on towing the boat except in an emergency situation.

This is how we started our full time lifestyle.


Montana is already preparing for a very active fire season starting in August. If we need to evacuate the campground we will be in at Canyon Ferry, we need to be able to take our boat with us. So Jim has been crawling around underneath the Bungalow and having tons of fun.

We also had a window broken on our slide-out when a semi threw a rock up. Jim patched it as best as he could (duct tape to the rescue) but it was time to take it out and get it to a glass shop to have a new window made.



A new anode rod and the hot water tank cleaned out was done.  Bearings and tires all checked out. Still need to grease the hitch and lubricate the seals. I'm sure Jim will find other things that need to be done.

I've been deal with another round of gout. I have now added peanut butter to my list of things I can no longer eat. This is so not fair.

We celebrated our 34th wedding anniversary on the 17th. We did take-out from the Seafood Market and Restaurant. We both had crab cakes (yummy) and Jim had stuffed mushrooms and cole slaw. It was so good. We had originally planned on going to Medieval Times Dinner Theater but covid-19 ruined that one for us. Maybe next year.

Our plan is to take-off on the 14th. Always subject to change.

















17 comments:

  1. Wow! That's really hot. You need to get out of there sooner than later. I'm glad to hear you both are excited about your summer adventures. Not been blogging either. I guess I can't find much to blog about. Take care and be safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Warming up here but not that warm! Doug's garden loves this weather. Happy trails to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Duct tape. Wonderful stuff. Much of the world is held together by that sticky tape (not to mention lots of my things too!). :cD

    ReplyDelete
  4. At least you've figured out how to add a new post. I can't!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK, now I have it. On the top line the three vertical dots on the right give you alignment options.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Plan Montana! That sounds excellent. Always wanted to visit the north part of our country.

    Duct tape has been a save all for many. Watch "Skyscraper" and Dwayne Johnson/The Rock uses Duct tape several times.

    Have a glass of wine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting that in my RSS feed your blog is left justified but when I go to your actual site it is centered. More evidence of "New and improved" Yeah, right.

    It's good to be ready. I'm glad Jim can do all those things.

    I don't have gout but I cannot eat peanut butter anymore either. My favorite now is SunButter made from sunflower seeds.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OK, That is a lot hotter than FL:) Definitley time to head north:))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Man, Jim must really be feeling good to be doing so much in that hot weather. Be careful, Jim. Looking forward to hearing your road trip tales.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Okay, that is just way to hot. I can see why you are heading to Montana.
    I see the message above when I open blogger and I see the button below but all I can say is I really dislike when they mess with something I am used to...:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Blogger has been so relatively easy to use for all these years, so of course they would change it!

    Happy anniversary, and have a safe trip to Montana. After a scorching few days I think we will go back to a bit of rain to end the month of May, and cooler temperatures (cooler, as in the 80's & 90's). It will probably be our last rain until next winter, and I'm looking forward to it. My tomato plants are looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sandy, I found where to change the paragraph alignment. Click the three stacked dots and you will see that choice. I don't know why they hid it, that's something we use a lot. Much of the rest is similar to my WordPress setup so it was fairly intuitive to me (I moved all our blogs to WordPress a year ago. PM me on Facebook and I can send you a screen shot showing you what it looks like if you need to see.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just lost my comment Grrr
    Jim, sure is working hard on the trailer but he needs to be careful in this awful heat.

    I haven't posted in a while so I guess I should go check this new blogger thing out. Yestersay FB pulled a change and it was horrible but was able to go back to the old one. Haven't they heard if it ain't broke why fix it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hoping you find cooler temperatures soon.
    You can return to the older format at the bottom of the design menu. After trying the new Format that is a disaster. I sent a message to Blogger not to mess with a format that was working properly to start.
    Be Safe and Enjoy staying cool.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Holy cow it is hot where you are. It's bad here, but your area is worse. We've gotten a tiny bit of rain, now it feels like a sauna.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Anniversary and safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, we are amazed by the temperatures you had recently. We are in the 80s now and we think that's hot already. We hope you have safe travels and we hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend.
    World of Animals

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today. I look forward to reading your comments. Have a beautiful day.