Saturday, May 5, 2018

Up on the Roof

AJ, AZ – Yesterday was beautiful – only 72 but the temps are headed up and up and up and the weatherperson says 107 on Sunday. I’m really not ready for that but here it comes.

Can you tell that Jim’s week of restrictions is over with? At least til next week.

20180503_104118

20180503_104303We ordered some fan vent covers and Jim was anxious to get them installed. So up he went with assistance from Ginny in getting his tools down again. I stood watching – ready to dial 911.

Of course, nothing goes quite as planned so he had to go back up and adjust one of the covers so the fan would close completely.

Being up on the roof doesn’t bother Jim but I get really nervous when he’s up there.

According to Jim the roof was really really dirty so early the next morning (because the heat is coming) he hauled the hose up and washed it down along with the rest of the rig.

Not a cloud in the sky.

20180505_080854

Hopefully we can now put the ladder away and stay off the roof.

We took a break from all the work and went to the Rockin’ R Ranch in Mesa. It’s a western town set with a chuckwagon dinner and show.

The entrance to the ranch.

20180502_181221

The Ponderosa Saloon

20180502_181342

Jim bellying up to the bar for an Italian Soda.

20180502_182458

It is the end of the season for them so most of the buildings were closed and the performers were down to just a few. In fact, there were only 14 of us attending the dinner and show.

20180502_183912

20180502_184252

During the height of the season they can probably feed 500 people in a very short period of time. The food was good. We had a combo ticket which meant we got both chicken and beef along with a huge baked potato, applesauce, cowboy beans, biscuit, and a crumb cake dessert. And since there were so few of us it was all you could eat. Several people went back for seconds.

After eating they put on a show with a lot of country music and some corny comedy. The two female singers are mother and daughter and own the Ranch. The fiddle player performs with the Phoenix Symphony and was really really good.

20180502_194029

One of the most touching moments happened when the mother brought her youngest daughter up on stage to perform. She has Down Syndrome but man could she twirl that rope. Jim got a video that he posted on facebook but I don’t have a picture of her. She was also the Homecoming Queen for her high school. Just a really sweet and friendly young lady.

There was a gun fight in the streets after the show but we didn’t stick around for that. There are a few animals – a couple of pigs, a bunch of birds, a pony, and some goats.

It was an enjoyable evening but I was happy we had a groupon which meant we only paid half price. If we didn’t have the groupon, the cost would have been $80. We felt it was worth the $20 per person we spent. The place looks quite rundown and could really use some TLC.

12 comments:

  1. Glad Jim is recovering so well from his Eye surgery. We'll both be going through that this year just around the time we get settled back into our Trailer.
    Looked like a cute Diner Show.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get nervous just looking at the picture of Jim on the roof.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad the eye surgery went well and Jim is free to do what is needed. I thought the saddle chairs at the bar were neat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never heard of that place and looks like it could be fun. Jim on the roof makes me nervous too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's hot here. We skipped spring and went right on to summer. It's so beautiful living in a vineyard.

    Good to hear Jim is good. I too hate it when Doug goes on the roof.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not a fan of roof climbing, either. But I am a fan of dinner shows. I do wish you were free to leave the heat behind, though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice that Jim is feeling better ingot the roof chores out of the way. Looks like a fun dinner show, weeny those as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always enjoy going there but I feel it's looking a little old too. Keep Jim off the roof.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a good way to spend the evening. I really like our vent covers for when it rains.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I got my eye exam through a Groupon and was very happy with the doctor and the glasses I purchased there. I try not to see what specials Groupon has going because I can usually find one I want. Hahaha. The easeof online shopping can be a curse at times!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I prefer to see Jim bellying up to the bar than on the roof. I guess you can't keep a good man down for long. Now that he can see better he is finding things to clean :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad you got the Groupon rate, hope you stay cool and Jim's cataract surgery goes good.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today. I look forward to reading your comments. Have a beautiful day.