Sunday, November 12, 2017

Just Some Thoughts On This Sabbath Day

AJ, AZ  High 86  Low 59

As I was sitting in church this morning during our Sacrament Service, I looked around me at all the people who were there – the families, the young singles, the older couples, the widows and widowers – and thought about those people in Texas who were in that church worshipping God when a man under the influence of evil, destroyed all of those lives and changed the lives of people everywhere. How easily it could have been us.

Today was our testimony meeting where members of the congregation go to the pulpit and express their love and faith for our Heavenly Father. One little girl, probably about 8 years old, got up and touched all of our hearts with her simple faith. She said “I love God. And God loves me.”

And a little child shall lead them. We do not know when our mortal life on this earth will end but we do know that if we have lived worthily we will be welcomed back within our Heavenly Father’s arms.

As Pastor Pomeroy said today in his sermon in Texas.

“I know everyone who lost their life that day. Some of which were my best friends, and my daughter, and I guarantee without any shadow of a doubt they are dancing with Jesus today. God gets the glory.”

6 comments:

  1. Such a sad day for the church and those who lost loved ones and the injured. Nice sermon today

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heat breaking to think about the tragedy that befell that church family, but what encouraging words from the Pastor who lost so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It could happen anywhere in this crazy, mixed up world we live in. I sometimes look around me when I'm somewhere there are crowds and think--it could happen here. It takes a very strong pastor to stand in the pulpit and say those words--a very strong one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. For God so loved the world that he gave his only son, that whoever believes in him will have everlasting life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I heard Pastor Pomeroy speak also. More proof that evil DOES NOT win!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This has certainly been an indescribable thing to have happen. I can't even put my mind around it!! I pray for this church, community and all the family members that lost loved ones!! I like what Marsha said..."evil does not win!" God is in control!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today. I look forward to reading your comments. Have a beautiful day.