Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Back in Billings

Billings, MT    High 93  Low 60

It was finally time for us to move on from Helena. The smoke continued to be terrible and breathing was difficult.

This is what our view from our spot was in 2015

P1060357[3]

This is what it looked like when we left Helena. You can’t see the mountains at all.

20170909_083447

Today it has been really smokey in Billings. Air quality for the entire state is ranked as unhealthy. But there is good news in the weather department. The state is supposed to get rain starting tomorrow and snow at the higher elevations. Hopefully this will put an end to the fire season up here and most of the firefighters can go home.

We have been busy since we’ve been here. Monday the truck went in for oil change, transmission serviced, alignment, air conditioning checked out, and a couple of other things.

Tuesday the Bungalow went to Jim and Tracey’s to have both axles aligned. Good thing we did that because they were really out of whack.

Wednesday morning we were at the DMV office at 7:00 a.m. to get the title work done on our new Cottage. Then I had my eye appointment. In the afternoon I got together with the Class Reunion committee to see if there was anything I could help with. The Reunion starts Friday.

We’re also going to try and make time to visit with friends this trip. We’ve had dinner with Todd and Michaela a couple of times. They are doing great which makes us happy.

Jim’s Velcro Dog

DSCN3846

Shortly after I wrote this post, the wind started to blow and the dust was so bad I thought we were back in Arizona. The cold front is starting to move through. Please bring rain.

18 comments:

  1. I can identifywithJim and his Velcro dog! Owen is like RJ - follows me closer than my shadow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All those fires, very sad, hope the rain comes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't believe Jim sat for that photo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. When the wind was blowing west, it was terrible here. Once the direction changed the smoke changed with it. Sorry we had to send more your way. Funny, funny picture of Jim and Rocky. He'll never live that one down. I think I'm blowing it up!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying for rain!! The fires in that area have been awful!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe Jim let you post that picture. Or doesn't he know you did. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sure hope that rain comes and the snow it is so sad all the fires are destroying such beautiful lands.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You need to change your photo on the header of the blog to include Rocky.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice to get those maintenance issues out of the way, have fun with the class reunion.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope the rains come and provide some relief.

    Poor Jim, no private time, even on the throne. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I sure hope the rain will douse the fires.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mother Nature sure isn't being very kind to the US. So sorry that those fires aren't out yet. It isn't too often I pray for rain, but you have my prayers. I hope the rains smoother all those fires.
    HAHAHA....love the position Jim is in and his Velcro dog.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Rocky looks a little "pooped"..😂😊
    Ha ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  14. The pictures are incredible. Big difference. I think the ash might give me some serious problems. I might have just kept heading down the road as far from forest fires as I could get. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wishing you rain! Glad you and Jim are doing well in spite of the smoke. I remember how thick it was coming down through Idaho--the fireman were right up to the road at one point. I had to stop at ranger stations to see if I could continue. I haven't been reading blogs--guilt kills me at times. I'm going to New England (mostly Maine) for the month of October. It may be my last time traveling. I have Bogey full time, now, but Michael is going to take him for the month and Laura will be down on the 6th so someone will be with him all the time. Susan is getting a Rhodesian Ridgeback in November so I'll have another "charge" when she works. One day when I'm not lazy, I'll email or call. Glad I checked to see where you are. Love to the pups.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The firefighters have a tough time.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Jim must walk funny with Rocky Joe in his pants...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today. I look forward to reading your comments. Have a beautiful day.