Wednesday, April 27, 2016

He’s a Rare One

AJ, AZ   High 83  Low 57

Got this update from Rod’s DIL - Thanks for the cards and prayers. Rough weekend energy wise but did a quick bloodwork check and everything looks good. Keep the prayers coming!  ❤️ Rod & Family

Had the first of many doctor appointments today. Jim’s blood work showed that his glucose was low and the doctor is having him cut back a little bit on his insulin.

The doctor told us that Jim is a rare one because he is so healthy even with his battle with diabetes. His eyes are good, his blood work is good, his A1C is low. That makes us very very happy.

Of course, I’ve always known that he is a rare one.

We’ve been busy saying goodbye to more folks. Did have time to play some cribbage and dice with Marv and Donna. Donna made the best apple pie. She also makes the best peanut butter fudge I’ve ever eaten.

We’ve also been looking at RV’s with Paula (shadowmoss). She’s trying to find a Class C that will work for her.

That’s about it from our little patch of earth here in Apache Junction.

15 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update on Rod,
    I heard you were helping Paula look for an RV, it can be a mind boggling experience for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear the reports are good. Did he go back to the same eye doctor? I had an appointment on Monday and they said I'll need to have the cataracts removed, but I'll wait until fall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so behind in blogging again, but I'm glad to hear the medical reports are good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks again for the update on Rod..glad to hear Jim sounds like he is doing well. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will echo everyone else in the thanks for the update on Rod, and glad to hear Jim is so healthy. Having been a solo female trying to buy an RV, I understand completely the pitfalls of the endeavor. So I'm happy to hear that you and Jim are helping her look as you can give plenty of good advice from your own experience. I wish I had known you guys when I started.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such good news for Rod and for Jim. I love peanut butter fudge. That was my mom's favorite and mine too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. No sure I would label Jim a rare one. I think it would be more like a special one. Glad he is doing so good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. good news on Jim's blood work.
    People are pulling out here too will get really quiet soon.
    thanks for passing along the update on Rod

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great news on Jim. Must be all the fish he eats to keep everything in check. May he always find many fish on his line! ;c)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good news all around. Hugs to your fur babies.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great news about the diabetes. Mine has continued to get worse even with new types of insulin they are trying on me. I go for 3 month check up next week and dread it but, who knows, it may have improved and then I'll be doing the happy dance.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good news about Rod and Jim. Hope it doesn't get too hot before you leave.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Shoot. Lost the whole darn comment. I got back from camping to find good news about Aunt Happy and Rod. I wish them continued good recoveries. Aunt Happy is like the energizer bunny!

    Glad to hear that Jim is doing well. Insomnia has struck--5 am and not a wink. Sorry Jim, but the picture of the plane in the bushes made me laugh out loud.


    When are you guys headed for big sky country!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today. I look forward to reading your comments. Have a beautiful day.