Monday, November 9, 2015

So Very Grateful

Apache Junction, AZ   High 79  Low 51

unnamedWe were up at 4:00 this morning and got to the hospital at 5:30. They took Jim into surgery at 7:30. He had a blockage in an artery in his groin. About 9:30 the surgeon came out and told me that everything went great. He actually did a by-pass on that artery rather than open it up, clean it out, and then put a patch on it. (Isn’t he just cute!!!)

Then it took forever for them to get him a room in the Telemetry Unit so he spent a lot of time in recovery. They finally moved him to a room about 1:30. I visited with him for a little while and when I left he was complaining about being hungry. I knew then he was just fine.

I’ll be bringing him home tomorrow. Oh joy – I get to drive through all that traffic again. But he’s worth it.

I want to thank everyone for all their love and prayers. I am so grateful to my Heavenly Father for all His love and protection.

25 comments:

  1. Glad everything went well and I'm sure Jim will appreciate you posting that picture. Tina and Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just amazed at surgical procedures these days... thank God that it all went well... and yes, he's kinda cute with that shower cap ;-).

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very happy to hear that all went well. God is Good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to here that Jim is doing well and everything went successfully. God is good, indeed!

    BTW, Jim is styling in that cap, a new fashion trend? :cD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great to hear everything went well. Thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great news, we were wondering earlier today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like all good news, Jim you look darling. Speedy recover and thinking of you both

    ReplyDelete
  8. The reason health care is so expensive is because it is worth it. So glad he had a great doctor.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good plumming job...best of all and swift recovery

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome! Glad to hear the good news! Wishing Jim a swift and uneventful recovery. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thats wonderful that all went well here wishing him a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How did I miss this? I'm so glad everything went perfectly. That's what we want and that's what we pray for. So, now I hope his healing period is quick and easy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great news Jim! So glad you are doing well. We pray for quick recovery. Love to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So glad for this good report. Breathe deep and smile. Traffic is best faced when you are not in a hurry.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great to hear Jim got through surgery in fine shape. Now I am waiting to hear some of his fish stories real soon.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love it when prayers are answered like this! Congrats to Jim for coming through the surgery with flying colors, and to you, also, Sandie. Sometimes it's harder being the one waiting for the results. So happy everything went well!!! :)))

    ReplyDelete
  17. Glad to see Jim looking so perky. Getting your blood circulating again can do that, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Like Wanderin I too missed this. Jim's looking pretty perky there after the surgery. Nice hat Jim, that's a keeper........

    ReplyDelete
  19. So glad to hear that everything went well for Jim.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today. I look forward to reading your comments. Have a beautiful day.