Sunday, June 21, 2015

Happy Father’s Day

Apache Junction, AZ  High 112  Low 84

I thought this was such a great idea. The Young Women in Church made these for all the fathers and grandfathers.  They used an envelope and then decorated it with a tie. The Big Hunk was in the envelope along with a sheet of paper.

DSCN1015

They had asked all of the children to fill in the blank – My Dad/Grandpa is a “Big Hunk” because _____.

Some of their answers are hysterical.

he honks the fire truck horn

he works

he jiggles his tummy

he’s handsome and awesome

he has big muscles

he can do a cartwheel

he’s a dentist and makes fake teeth for people

he lets me do stuff my mom won’t let me do

he has a truck

And many of them said it’s because he loves me.

Many of you commented that we should head up to Montana and have Jim’s surgery in cooler weather. We actually talked about it and we both agree that’s not something we want to do for several reasons. Jim really likes the doctors down here and does not want to start all over again. It may be hot down here but Billings, MT is having storms on a regular basis with warnings of high winds, hail and even tornadoes. We do not want to sit in our son’s driveway for six weeks or more. I would drive both him and his wife crazy. That’s just the way I am. So we are here until this is over with.

I hope all the Dad’s out there had a fantastic day. Normally Jim fixes chicken wings on the grill for Father’s Day but that’s not happening this year. I won’t let him be outside that long. So we’ll have homemade Szechwan Chicken.

17 comments:

  1. We understand your preferences. This is why we are still in Indianapolis. I just wish that we were in the same area. could be, at least, enjoying each other's company.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wondered where the good weather occurred today - where I was at my son's in NY is now 74, but reached a high of 84 today. I could deal with that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the idea and those answers. Kids come up with the best comments sometimes. It's hard to find a doctor with whom you feel comfortable, so it's difficult to switch when you do find that special one. Happy Father's Day to Jim. Enjoy that Szechwan Chicken.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could use the big hunk that makes fake teeth right about now. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Making a fill in the blank is a great idea for little kids. Can I try next year with my grand kids?
    Please take care of yourselves and eat right and get rest and sleep as any kind of surgery takes a lot out of us so be prepared and be strong.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea. Glad you're going to wait it out there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with your reasons to stay put for Jim's surgery. Having confidence in your doctors is a huge plus. Starting over with new doctors would only prolong things.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was nice to read the kids answers.Prayers for Jim to get well soon...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I certainly understand about not wanting to change doctors or move again. Sorry you have to be there during the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope "The Big Hunk" had a happy Father's Day despite the location. The new awning looks great. Hang in there.............

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice to see an original idea for a change. Just over a week to wait, hang in.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the kids comments. Thanks for sharing that.

    I now understand why you are staying put. Makes perfect sense.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a darling idea. I am going to share this with our church.

    I think you are right to just stay there. When you find a doctor you like and trust, you need to stick with him/her.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the tie envelopes and the precious things the kids said. Drink plenty of water and try to stay cool.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the tie envelopes and the precious things the kids said. Drink plenty of water and try to stay cool.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Crikey kids are precious, aye?? I like the fake teeth answer best. Mum thinks your wise to stay with the Doctors you know.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today. I look forward to reading your comments. Have a beautiful day.