Apache Junction, AZ High 91 Low 63
We saw the oncologist on Monday and he had nothing but good news for us. We really like those kinds of doctor visits.
After leaving his office we headed over to the Texaz Grill to meet up with Bob and Jo for lunch. They stay clear over on the west side of Phoenix and we’re all the way east so we try to meet in the middle. Jo is having back issues and they will have to be in area for most, if not all, of the summer.
Before we made it to the restaurant, Jim’s phone rang. I answered the phone while he pulled over because it was his heart doctor’s office. Seems he has a problem with a blockage in his femoral artery in his right leg. In 2012 he had his left leg fixed with a by-pass and a stent. So we are waiting to find out exactly what needs to be done.
If he has to have a by-pass done (which is highly likely), the recovery period is 6 to 8 weeks. So all plans for leaving next Monday have gone out the window. At this time, we have no idea when we will be leaving.
The worst part of all this is going to be the heat. We only have one air conditioner in our fifth wheel and it really struggles when the temperatures reach 100.