Thursday, December 18, 2014

Glendale Glitters

Glendale, AZ 

Scooter Update: Thank you all so much for the wonderful, caring comments. They are appreciated beyond words. She is still a very unhappy little girl. She is starting to feel better and wants to do more than she should. She was actually able to stand on her back legs to eat today. Wobbly, but standing. However, she’s not supposed to do that and we haven’t figured out how to stop her. It reminds me of Jim when he was in rehab after his back surgery. Both of them are terrible patients.

DSCN0430

Tuesday night we made plans to meet up with Jeri and Terry in Glendale to take a carriage ride to see the Christmas lights that they call Glendale Glitters.

I had forgotten how bad rush hour traffic can be. When we worked in Washington, DC, we faced that kind of traffic everyday. Sure am grateful we don’t have to do that anymore. Except when I plan outings on the other side of the city.

DSCN0417By the time we arrived and met up with Jeri and Terry, we were starved. Jeri found a great restaurant. Originally we thought it was an Irish pub. (Murphy’s sounds Irish to me.) But this Murphy was German.

DSCN0418

They even had doxies in their windows.

DSCN0419 

Then we ordered dinner. My plate had enough food on it for all four of us. (Thanks Jeri for the use of some of your pictures.)

glen_5[7]

They also had a trio playing German drinking music. You can just see the tuba player’s arm.

german band

After dinner we strolled through the lights on Glendale Square and got into line for the carriage ride.

DSCN0434

DSCN0424

Jeri and Terry waiting for the ride. Hard to take good pictures at night.

DSCN0433

Miss Daisy was pulling our carriage. Isn’t she pretty?

DSCN0467

It was a fun experience and I’m glad we did it. It was cold enough that it put me more in the Christmas mood. Growing up in Montana most of our Christmas’s were really cold and white. However, I’m really enjoying these warm Arizona Christmases.

18 comments:

  1. Well come on over to Kansas, we got 2 inches of snow last night..... Glad Scooter is doing a little better...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get nostalgic this time every year for "cold and white".

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like a fantastic evening out! And I'm sorry to hear about Scooter. I hope she recovers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun! Glad you were able to get out for a bit. Skittles probably slept through your absence.

    The lights are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was a very fun evening. Thanks for asking us to meet up with you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. DC traffic! Egads, you're causing me flashbacks to my days of sitting in endless lines of cars going in and out of DC! :cO

    For a warm AZ Christmas carriage ride, ya'll look pretty bundled up! ;c)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The cowboy will complain about traffic in Billings and I tell him he doesn't know what traffic is after commuting in Houston and Dallas traffic! Glad Scooter is feeling a bit better!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now you'll have to visit the zoo lights. Glad to hear Scooter is improving.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the tour, we are enjoying these warm Arizona Christmases too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so glad to read Scooter is making improvements.
    Glendale Glitters is quite the show...what fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you had fun, we haven't gone there in years. May be time to do it again. Glad Scooter is making progress.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh yes "Murphy" is definitely Irish - but the "Haus" gave it away. LOL The lights are gorgeous !!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good news about Scooter. Glendale Glitters is neat. Always wanted to eat at Haus Murphy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like fun but chilly.

    Good wishes for Scooter.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You two can take a bad picture! Rich and I spent Christmas in the Keys in Florida one year and it was wonderful. We were right on the beach--relaxing at a grass hut bar and on the beach in shorts and short sleeve shirts. I didn't miss the snow in New York. :)

    Glad you are well...still trying to catch up to see what everyone is doing. Don't know if I'll ever get there, but I'm trying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops, hit send by mistake. I'm glad to hear that Scooter ise doing better. I need to go back to catch up, but it really is nerve wracking when our four legged creatures are not up to par. Jack is still going strong. We had yet another scare, but he's doing fine now, though he can't hear any more. He knows some hand signals and knows how to communicate to me what he wants and his bark seems to say, "Hop to it, woman!" Wishing you happiness in the New Year in case I don't get back to the blogs. I see many fish in my crystal ball for Jack. Funny, I haven't done a post since you were here so I every time I open my blog to read, I see those four adorable eyes looking back at me.

      Delete
  16. What a great way to spend the evening. German food and music are hard to beat and the carriage ride looks like the perfect ending. Glad the pup is improving.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hope you and Jim have a great Xmas!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today. I look forward to reading your comments. Have a beautiful day.